Business Development Intern - Spring 2020
JOIN ILLUMINATION, LEARN ABOUT ANIMATION, WHILE ACHIEVING WORLD DOMINATION!
Wanted for the Illumination Academy: creative vigilantes, visionaries, story tellers, and banana lovers. Join the company behind DESPICABLE ME, THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS, and SING. As an intern in the Illumination Academy you will take part in cross company learning, work alongside studio executives, and have a seat at the table in our latest endeavors.
Illumination is seeking a Business Development intern for the Spring 2020 semester to work closely with our Business Development team. If you are someone that enjoys corporate strategy, is analytical, and wants to learn about the business behind the business then this is the internship for you!
- Perform market research, landscape, and sizing analysis to support strategy formulation.
- Research and analyze new or evolving markets for Illumination, leveraging strong quantitative analytical skills.
- Develop an understanding of how our lines of business operate and the markets we operate in to better support business development opportunities.
- Participate in strategic planning processes and initiatives.
- Analyze and develop points of view on trends and market forecasts.
- Conduct research on industries, potential partners, and competitors.
- Maintain relevant company databases.
- Prepare presentations for senior management.
- Availability to work 20-40 hours per week onsite.
- Must be available for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting school with a minimum GPA of a 3.0.
- Preferred major: Business Administration, Data Science, Marketing, Finance.
- Computer Savvy – Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, etc.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Must enjoy the nuances of communicating with senior management and executives.
Founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007, Illumination is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films. Recently honored by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Illumination’s franchises include two of the top-six animated films of all time, and its iconic, beloved brands have grossed more than $4.6 billion worldwide. Illumination is known for our memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance. We are always looking for exceptional talent to collaborate and create with.
Illumination's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Illumination will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.