Junior Character Artist – Marketing, CPG
Illumination is looking for a Character Designer with experience bringing world class animated characters to life who will be responsible for conceptualizing and drawing our character art poses, collaborating with our film makers, and Universal designers and artists, to accurately execute our characters in art assets and products.
- Unique point of view
- Dynamic drawings
- Strong draftsmanship
- Amazing storytelling abilities
- Develop character poses for the different Illumination properties
- Build a variety of style guide character art programs as well as correct poses, keeping them on model and on concept
- Execute characters in various illustrative styles from photorealism to highly stylized
- Create “character based” product ranging from food items to toys, publications to fashion accessories
- Collaborate with Universal artists on best practices
- Partner with Supervising Directors to ensure the aesthetic requirements on final designs
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes in toys, plastics, 3D home goods
- Develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts
- Strong artistic knowledge with understanding of forms, materials, composition, perspective, color, anatomy and lighting
- 1+ years of experience in consumer products, animation, or equivalent
- Solid drawing skills and understanding of anatomy and perspective
- Clear and diverse visual development skillset
- Familiarity with the Animation process and Storytelling as a medium
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills in presenting ideas in formal and informal settings
Founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007, Illumination is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films. Recently honored by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Illumination’s franchises include two of the top-six animated films of all time, and its iconic, beloved brands have grossed more than $4.6 billion worldwide. Illumination is known for our memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance. We are always looking for exceptional talent to collaborate and create with.
Illumination's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Illumination will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.