Creative Director- Consumer Products
Illumination is looking for a Creative Director, Consumer Products that will be responsible for the creation of design assets for consumer products. They will ensure that brand integrity is maintained throughout the breadth of style guides, and will direct and also be able to directly design the creation of style guides and creative assets across designated IP. The Creative Director is a strong creative leader that will help drive the creative strategy across style guides assets and design programs that support all forms of content releases from Illumination.
- Based on the brand strategy set by Senior Management, direct and design the creation of style guides
- Directs the creation of style guides and creative assets for designated franchises while considering regional sensitivities and stylistic tastes which need to be considered in global initiatives
- Have a working knowledge of product development across all categories to ensure brand is being properly positioned in the marketplace on a global basis
- Understands the brand consumer, product and print innovations, drives quality and champions innovation for assets produced so that they are commercially viable for all territories while meeting retailer needs
- Ensures design excellence by creating new artwork and making artistic contributions to new initiatives
- Works with key stakeholders to ensure licensees have necessary assets to bring product to market
- Secures strong internal and external creative and production resources. Manages relationships and projects with strong planning and negotiation skills to ensure projects are delivered on budget and on schedule
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of competitive landscape, product, price and retail trends for the market via comp shops, publications and on-line research, etc.
- 8+ years in leading style guide development for major entertainment IP’s. Film experience is highly desired
- Experience in design development (across Softlines and Hardlines) and creative management experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or related programs
- Expert Knowledge of MS office programs
- Experience and extensive knowledge in manufacturing and print techniques
- Able to successfully collaborate with multiple divisions across an organization, while being an articulate presenter that can sell their work
- Illustration and custom typographical skills a plus
- Strategic and creative brand builder with strong understanding of commercial appeal
- Ability to work in a face-paced organization while managing multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in presenting ideas in formal and informal settings
About Illumination Entertainment
Founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007, Illumination is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films. Recently honored by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Illumination’s franchises include two of the top-six animated films of all time, and its iconic, beloved brands have grossed more than $4.6 billion worldwide. Illumination is known for our memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance. We are always looking for exceptional talent to collaborate and create with.