Story Intern - Fall 2019
JOIN ILLUMINATION, LEARN ABOUT ANIMATION, WHILE ACHIEVING WORLD DOMINATION!
Wanted for the Illumination Academy: creative vigilantes, visionaries, story tellers, and joke writers. Join the company behind DESPICABLE ME, THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS, and SING. As an intern in the Illumination Academy you will take part in cross company learning, work alongside studio executives, and have a seat at the table in our latest endeavors.
Illumination is seeking a Story Intern for the Fall 2019 semester to work closely with our Marketing Custom Content team. If you are someone that is creative, cannot stop doodling, and likes to think of new ways to make people laugh then this is the internship for you!
- Dynamic drawings
- Biting comedic sensibilities from an unexpected point of view
- Amazing story telling abilities
- Comfort in true creative collaboration with peers and mentors
- Work with Custom Content Marketing to help create marketing campaigns
- Pitch new ideas for Custom Content assignments
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with directors and storyboard artists
- Storyboard approved ideas into tool kits
- Ensure storyboards align with creative vision and style
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Take creative direction and incorporate feedback into revised work
- Gather reference material for projects
- Other tasks as assigned
- Availability to work 16-40 hours per week onsite
- Must be available for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Must be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting school with a minimum GPA of a 3.0
- Adobe Creative Suites is a must
- Preferred major: Animation, Entertainment Design, Illustration
Founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007, Illumination is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films. Recently honored by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Illumination’s franchises include two of the top-six animated films of all time, and its iconic, beloved brands have grossed more than $4.6 billion worldwide. Illumination is known for our memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance. We are always looking for exceptional talent to collaborate and create with.
Illumination's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Illumination will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.