Character Design, Consumer Products Intern - Fall 2019
JOIN ILLUMINATION, LEARN ABOUT ANIMATION, WHILE ACHIEVING WORLD DOMINATION!
Wanted for the Illumination Academy: creative vigilantes, visionaries, story tellers, and banana lovers. Join the company behind DESPICABLE ME, THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS, and SING. As an intern in the Illumination Academy you will take part in cross company learning, work alongside studio executives, and have a seat at the table in our latest endeavors.
Illumination is seeking a Consumer Products Character Design Intern for the Fall 2019 semester to work closely with our Marketing Consumer Products team. If you are someone that enjoys being creative but understands the business behind the creativity then this is the internship for you!
- Create internal and external media graphic materials.
- Design and update presentations and other marketing assets.
- Research and create trend boards.
- Develop style guides.
- Support creative product developers and creative style guide production.
- Develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts.
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Availability to work 16-40 hours per week onsite.
- Must be available for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting school with a minimum GPA of a 3.0.
- Adobe Creative Suites is a must!
- Preferred major: Illustration, Communication Design, Graphic Design.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of typography, color, layout, and other design and production principles.
- Ability to take creative direction and incorporate feedback into revised work.
Founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007, Illumination is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films. Recently honored by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Illumination’s franchises include two of the top-six animated films of all time, and its iconic, beloved brands have grossed more than $4.6 billion worldwide. Illumination is known for our memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance. We are always looking for exceptional talent to collaborate and create with.
Illumination's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Illumination will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.