Illumination Entertainment is seeking an Executive Assistant to support two Executive Producers, who each oversee the story development and production of a slate of films, shorts, and theme park attractions. We are looking for an individual with top-notch support skills, impeccable follow-through, strong communication skills, a capacity to multi-task, the ability to be self-motivated, and a demonstrated interest in animation.
- Manage phones, heavy scheduling, and expenses
- Extensive note taking in select development and production meetings
- Read and respond to internal and outside studio production e-mails in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Santa Monica and Paris-based production personnel to track, print and otherwise organize script pages & select production materials
- Compile research and identify talent and trends relevant to company’s brand
- Book & coordinate travel (both domestic and international)
- 2 + years of prior desk or office management experience in the entertainment industry, preferably in production, at an agency, or in development
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Final Draft, FileMaker Pro, Excel, Keynote and Outlook
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with an ability to anticipate needs and changes
- A demonstrated passion for animation and interest in comedy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines promptly and efficiently
- Proven reliability in handling sensitive material and security concerns under very tight deadlines
- Positive attitude and a willingness to participate and problem solve in a collaborative environment
- Experience conducting project research
- Knowledge of the current film landscape
- Conversational French a bonus
Founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007, Illumination is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films. Recently honored by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Illumination’s franchises include two of the top-six animated films of all time, and its iconic, beloved brands have grossed more than $4.6 billion worldwide. Illumination is known for our memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance. We are always looking for exceptional talent to collaborate and create with.
Illumination's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Illumination will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.