We are seeking applicants with prior production and/or animation experience for this fast-paced Production Assistant position.
- Support all production teams including: Editorial, Story, Art, and Script
- Assist with coordinating all production travel to and from the Los Angeles office
- Prepare for recording sessions by prepping chip boards and taking stock of all necessary materials for sessions
- Help maintain production databases for general research, comedians, and casting
- Note taking during weekly Production meetings and occasionally during Editorial sessions
- Support Editorial sessions by gathering stakeholders from different productions and by keeping the editorial room clean and prepared with necessary materials
- Provide additional support to creative leads
- Proactively anticipate the needs of production and maximize the potential of the position
- Pull casting clips
- Maintain and organize purchase orders
- Order supplies as needed
- Coordinate FedEx packages
- Provide additional support to the crew for daily priorities on all Illumination productions
- Process the story boards across all of the shows, shorts, and any ancillary animation pieces
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- BA or BS degree preferred or equivalent experience in the entertainment/animation industry
- 1-2 years experience or relevant internships
- Highly detail oriented; able to handle complex instructions with diligence and follow-through
- Able to anticipate department needs and respond accordingly
- Strong experience with Outlook, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Word) required
About Illumination Entertainment
Founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007, Illumination is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films. Recently honored by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Illumination’s franchises include two of the top-six animated films of all time, and its iconic, beloved brands have grossed more than $4.6 billion worldwide. Illumination is known for our memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance. We are always looking for exceptional talent to collaborate and create with.
Illumination's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Illumination will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.