Senior AI Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Illumix is an integrated gaming and technology company, transforming the future of mixed reality with environmentally-intelligent, world-scale AR games.
We are looking engineers who are passionate about creating scalable, reusable clean code. You're the kind of engineer who excels at execution and is thinking about the larger product. You have worked with and implemented AI controls 3D characters and fights against human players. You have worked on mobile (iOS/Android) games made with Unity. You have what it takes to make fun-to-play-against AI and are eager to apply these skills in an AR game.
- Design and implement the AI systems necessary for a character-based game
- Expose appropriate tools to designers
- Participate in the technical design and planning process
- Ensure that all AI systems are deterministic and timestepped such that they are friendly to networked gameplay
- Collaborate with other engineers and systems so that AI plays nicely
- 2 or more shipped 3D titles on iOS/Android
- 4 or more years of experience as a Unity 3D game engineer at a professional studio
- Experience implementing character-based AI using FSMs, behavior trees or similar methodologies and utilizing navmeshes or similar systems for movement
- Ability to collaborate with designers and engineers
- Capacity to implement systems, tools, and interfaces that designers and engineers can work with
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience implementing or working on networked multiplayer games (client focus with knowledge of server)
- Experience with Augmented Reality (ARKit/ARCore)
We are building a diverse team.
Our decisions are based on merit. We are motivated by each other and having the best people by our sides.
If you are looking for a dedicated team that is committed to redefining the future of gaming, Have a look at our open spots on the team and drop us a line. We would love to hear from you!
Illumix is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.