Senior 3D Character Artist
Redwood City, CA
We need a stellar Character Artist to be a driving force within the company. We want the best and the brightest for our dynamic team, and die-hard believers that we are inventing the most engaging and impressive games in augmented reality. You have a proven track record of production experience, creative problem solving, execution, and the instincts necessary to be a part of this magic. You combine excellent aesthetic skill with strong technical ability that'll push our games to be the most epic. You know how to push an engine to achieve the most appealing and yet real-time performant result. Story is everything to you. Process and relationships, partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are in your DNA. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world that we thrive in.
As a Character Artist, you will be working closely with all departments to create the highest quality characters that both match the look and feel of the game and are a benchmark in the AR gaming world. Creating high quality characters that are believable and match the look and feel of our games is critical. Having an exceptional working knowledge of the tools and skills listed below are crucial to success.
- Creating high resolution 3D sculpts and low polygon game assets
- Crafting characters as well as props and world assets
- Hand paint textures and tune next-generation material
- Prototype and iterate on game assets inside Unity3D
- 3+ years experience as a 3D character artist
- Skilled at 3D character creation, with a strong understanding of form, shape, and silhouette
- Ability to rapidly explore and sculpt in a range of styles – from hard surface to organic form
- Able to build models with an understanding about how they deform with respect to motion
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and toolsets
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Maya, Photoshop and preferred 3D Sculpting tool
We are building a diverse team.
Our decisions are based on merit. We are motivated by each other and having the best people by our sides.
If you are looking for a dedicated team that is committed to redefining the future of gaming, Have a look at our open spots on the team and drop us a line. We would love to hear from you!
Illumix is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.