Senior Gameplay Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Illumix is an integrated gaming and technology company, transforming the future of mixed reality with environmentally-intelligent, world-scale AR games.
We are looking engineers who are passionate about creating scalable, reusable clean code. You're the kind of engineer who excels at execution and is thinking about the larger product.
You work well with designers to find the fun. Prototypes turn ideas into reality. You excel at this. When the fun is found, you bring it home and polish a final product. You are eager to find a new outlet for your creativity by applying your skills in AR.
- Work closely with designers and artists to prototype and craft gameplay for a unique, license-based experience
- Implement, hone, and polish features that have been prototyped and designed
- Contribute new ideas and creative solutions on the use of new technology - Combine many pieces together to craft a compelling experience
- Iterate rapidly and respond well to licensor feedback
- 2 or more shipped 3D titles on iOS/Android
- 4 or more years of experience as a Unity 3D game engineer at a professional studio
- Experience turning high-level ideas into distilled prototypes and then final features
- Demonstrated ability to use new technology in interesting ways
- Self-motivated and able to respond quickly to feedback
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience with Augmented Reality (ARKit/ARCore)
We are building a diverse team.
Our decisions are based on merit. We are motivated by each other and having the best people by our sides.
If you are looking for a dedicated team that is committed to redefining the future of gaming, Have a look at our open spots on the team and drop us a line. We would love to hear from you!
Illumix is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.