Senior Technical Artist
This is a US based -Remote position. No phone calls or emails from external recruiters or recruiting agencies.
lllumix is an integrated gaming and technology company, transforming the future of mixed reality with environmentally-intelligent, world-scale AR games.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Artist to serve as both an advocate for the Art department as well as the bridge between Art, Game Design and Engineering. You will collaborate with the team to help enhance the visual quality of the game by creating art tools, advocating optimal art/engineering performance. You have a proven track record of developing the processes, tools and pipeline for our games. As a Technical Artist you will push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity and AR alike.
- Communicate and work closely with artists, designers and engineers to support features and content creation
- Write/create highly optimized shaders to help achieve the visual quality desired
- Profile and implement solutions for improving performance and optimization of art assets
- Write tools/scripts to automate and streamline asset creation, content management and improve general workflow
- 3+ years of professional experience as a technical artist
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Maya and Unity3D
- Experience with building character and creature rigs in Maya
- Fluency in programming languages (Python and/or C#)
- Experience with shader and VFX creation, systems and implementation
- Knowledge of mobile games or related industries
- Experience with UI integration for mobile games
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited PTO & Nine Paid Company Holidays
- Full Coverage Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance (99% for Employees, 25% for Dependents)
- Self Contributing 401K
- Monthly Stipend to cover Work From Home costs
We are building a diverse, empowered, and passionate team to redefine the standard for mixed reality today.
Illumix is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.