Senior Software Engineer - Graphics
This is a US-based- Remote position.
Phone calls or emails from external recruiters or recruiting agencies will not be returned.
Salary Range: $150K-$170K annually
Illumix is an AR technology and media company that empowers the creation of AR-first experiences. We’ve done the heavy lifting to build the underlying capabilities and user interactions that make building any dynamic AR experience effortless.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build systems, features, and tools for a new mixed-reality engine. Your focus will be on graphics and rendering. You will be an important part of bringing our AR experiences to millions by building stable and performant components and additions to our technology. Along the way, you’ll get to collaborate with, learn from, and mentor other talented engineers. Come join us and help bring mass-market AR to applications across industries.
- Design and implement features and tools for a mobile AR-focused engine
- Review feature implementations to ensure high quality
- Use and extend tools to ensure stability and performance
- Contribute to short and medium-term technical planning
- 4 or more years actively working in a software engineering role
- Advanced knowledge in the areas of 3D Math, Rendering, and Graphics
- Fluent in C++ and/or C#
- Shader development (node- or code-based)
- Shipped at least one video game, game engine major version update, or equivalent in similar technology
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with both other engineers and other disciplines
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge in additional areas such as AR/VR, Animation, Physics, Game Engines, Unity or Unreal
- Built and maintained major engine level systems in a game engine, video game, or similar technology
- Experience instrumenting, profiling, and optimizing performance issues in large scale or live products
- Experience with or passion for AR
PERKS & BENEFITS
- US Based - Fully Remote (contiguous United States)
- Full Coverage Medical, Dental, Vision and Long Term Disability (Coverage offered at 99% at the base plan for Employees and at 40% at the base plan for Dependents/Domestic Partner)
- Self-Contributing Retirement Plans
- Unlimited Personal Time Off, Sick Days and Paid Company Holidays
- Monthly Stipend to cover Work From Home costs
- Access to Company Sponsored Wellness Apps such as SpringHealth, ClassPass and Calm
We are building a diverse, empowered, and passionate team to redefine the standard for mixed reality today.
Illumix is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.