Lead Computer Vision Engineer
This is a US based -Remote position. No phone calls or emails from external recruiters or recruiting agencies.
One of the world’s leading augmented reality (AR) companies, Illumix creates immersive mobile experiences in gaming and for corporate clients in the media, entertainment, and retail sectors.
We are looking for a Lead Computer Vision Engineer to take ownership of the machine learning and computer vision technologies for a new mixed reality engine. You will be an important part of bringing our AR experiences to millions. Our CV team develops cutting-edge technologies in applied machine learning, computer vision, and deep learning for mobile and web AR. Come join us and help bring mass market AR to applications across industries.
- Manage and mentor a team of computer vision engineers
- Recommend machine learning, computer vision, and deep learning solutions to product goals based on thorough understanding of the all steps that go into creating high quality AR experiences
- Drive technical planning for the computer vision team and contribute to short and long term technical planning for cross team projects
- Design and implement machine learning and computer vision architectures and algorithms to create new product and business innovations
- Apply optimization techniques for cutting-edge solutions across industries and use cases for mobile and web AR
- Deploy machine learning models across both mobile and web platforms in a variety of tech stacks
- Work with other engineering teams to establish and maintain machine learning and computer vision development infrastructure
- Review machine learning and computer vision solutions to ensure high quality
- 6+ years of industry experience in computer vision or applied machine learning
- Shipped at least one major computer vision feature for a commercial AR product that runs on mobile or web platforms
- Proficient in C++
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, or related deep learning framework
- Ability to read and implement related academic literature in deep learning and computer vision
- Solid understanding of a production machine learning workflow and deep learning model optimization
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with other engineers and other disciplines
- Master’s or PhD in computer science or related technical field
- Previous management experience
- Working knowledge of any scripting or prototyping language (e.g. Python, MATLAB, etc.)
- Motivated by tough technical challenges in an emerging technical field
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited PTO & Nine Paid Company Holidays
- Full Coverage Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (99% for Employees, 25% for Dependents)
- Self Contributing 401K
- Monthly Stipend to cover Work From Home costs
We are building a diverse, empowered, and passionate team to redefine the standard for mixed reality today.
Illumix is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.