Senior Game Designer
Redwood City, CA
llumix is an integrated gaming and technology company, transforming the future of mixed reality with environmentally-intelligent, world-scale AR games.
We are looking for a senior game designer who is passionate about playing and making high quality games, who is responsive and responsible, is equally comfortable taking initiative and working as a part of a team, and possesses a keen eye for when to push creative boundaries and when to leverage conventional solutions.
This role requires a designer who is at home working in both system and content design as needed by the project. The ability to think outside the box while still keeping in mind - and if possible taking advantage of - technical constraints and schedule realities is critical.
- Prototype new gameplay
- Design and implement game content
- Balance and tune combat, progression, and economics data
- Write and edit in-game dialogue
- Develop quest plotlines
- Collaborate with the design team on specific design objectives as needed
- Communicate and coordinate across disciplines to progress development and improve product quality
- 4+ years in a Designer capacity
- Shipped multiple titles in a Designer capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and spreadsheeting skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Augmented Reality (ARKit/ARCore)
- Experience with Unity
- Experience in mobile development
- Proven ability in leading design efforts and mentoring junior designers
We are building a diverse team.
Our decisions are based on merit. We are motivated by each other and having the best people by our sides.
If you are looking for a dedicated team that is committed to redefining the future of gaming, Have a look at our open spots on the team and drop us a line. We would love to hear from you!
Illumix is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.