Software Engineering Manager - Web Team
This is a US based -Remote position.
No phone calls or emails from external recruiters or recruiting agencies.
Illumix is an AR technology and media company that empowers the creation of AR-first experiences. We’ve done the heavy lifting to build the underlying capabilities and user interactions that make building any dynamic AR experience effortless.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to manage a team of software engineers and contribute to systems, features, and tools for a new mixed reality engine. You will be an important part of bringing our AR experiences to millions by driving planning for a variety of projects and mentoring the software engineers on those projects. Along the way you’ll also have the opportunity to build the technology that drives these experiences. Come join us and help bring mass market AR to applications across industries.
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers working on our web-based AR technology
- Drive technical planning for the engine team and contribute to short and long term technical planning for cross team projects
- Partner with the technical lead in an advisory role to make technology and architecture decisions
- Work with other managers to iterate on remote-first development processes tailored to the team
- Design and implement features and tools for a mobile and web AR-focused engine
- Review feature implementations to ensure high quality
- Previous management experienceAdvanced knowledge of at least a one of the following programming areas: AR, Asset Pipelines, Tools, UI, 3D Animation, 3D Math, Graphics, Physics, Audio
- Shipped at least one game, major web application, or equivalent in similar technology
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with other managers, engineers, and disciplines
- Ability to be effective while navigating ambiguity
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Hands-on experience with web-based 3D rendering engines/tech like Babylon.js, Threekit or WebGL
- Proficient in additional languagesBuilt and maintained major engine level systems in a game engine, video game, or similar technology
- Experience instrumenting, profiling, and optimizing performance issues in large scale or live products
- Experience with or passion for AR
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited PTO & Nine Paid Company Holidays
- Full Coverage Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (99% for Employees, 25% for Dependents)
- Self Contributing 401K
- Monthly Stipend to cover Work From Home costs
We are building a diverse, empowered, and passionate team to redefine the standard for mixed reality today.
Illumix is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.