Remote or San Francisco, CA
At Imbue, we take recruiting seriously and take great measures to optimize our process for the benefit of both our team and the candidate. To this end, we are seeking a personable and proficient coder to conduct first-round coding interviews on behalf of our team. You would be responsible for Step 2 in the interview process outlined here. This can be either a full-time or a contract-based, hourly position and is ideal for junior engineers looking to improve their skills.
Important note: If you are looking for a part-time contract and are currently employed elsewhere, please check your contract to make sure this wouldn't be a conflict of interest, or if you need to get written consent to take on this position.
• You are strong in the fundamentals of computer science including algorithms and data structures
• You are proficient in Python and ideally comfortable with 2–3 other languages
• You have an eye for clean, debuggable code and good coding practices
• You are comfortable on video calls (strong wifi and professional interview setting are a must)
• You are able to appropriately guide candidates when they get stuck
• You can commit to a minimum of 10 hours a week
What you’ll be doing
• We will train you on 3 coding problems that you will present to candidates
• You will observe candidates coding in their own environment using whatever resources, libraries, or frameworks they’d like
• You will then submit feedback on the candidate’s performance and a recording of the interview through our ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
How to apply
All submissions are reviewed by a person, so we encourage you to include notes on why you're interested in working with us. If you have any other work that you can showcase (open source code, side projects, etc.), certainly include it! We know that talent comes from many backgrounds, and we aim to build a team with diverse skillsets that spike strongly in different areas.
We try to reply either way within a week or two at most (usually much sooner).
Imbue builds AI systems that reason and code, enabling AI agents to accomplish larger goals and safely work in the real world. We train our own foundation models optimized for reasoning and prototype agents on top of these models. By using these agents extensively, we gain insights into improving both the capabilities of the underlying models and the interaction design for agents.
We aim to rekindle the dream of the *personal* computer, where computers become truly intelligent tools that empower us, giving us freedom, dignity, and agency to pursue the things we love.