San Francisco, CA
At Imbue, we are building practical tools on top of foundation models optimized for high-level reasoning, starting with agents that can code. By building on top of these models, we create a tight feedback loop in our research that helps us understand the capabilities and failings of the underlying models as well as the interfaces through which they are served.
In this role, you will be responsible for ideating and creating new tools on top of both our models and public models by rapidly exploring and prototyping your ideas. Through this practical experimentation, you will better understand the underlying capabilities of these models and help develop new paradigms for interfacing with them.
What you'll do
• Work in a research-oriented environment to develop and iterate on prototypes, such as coding agents, through knowledge generation and ideation
• Rapidly incubate and test multiple ideas to gain further insights and validate assumptions about the underlying models
• Conduct experiments, analyze data, and leverage research findings to inform prototyping and ideation
• Create frontend and backend infrastructure to support fast iteration
• Able to generate new ideas, rapidly iterate, and prototype in a high-agency environment
• A very strong engineer who is comfortable building quickly across the stack
• Passionate about interface research, not in terms of traditional UI/UX, but how the capabilities of the underlying AI models impact how users harness them
• Possess a deep understanding or interest in LLMs at a theoretical level
• Comfortable with unconventional approaches to exploring new ideas and prototyping product concepts
• Familiar with Python
• Work directly on creating software with human-like intelligence.
• Generous compensation, equity, and benefits.
• $20K+ yearly budget for self-improvement: coaching, courses, conferences, etc.
• Actively co-create and participate in a positive, intentional team culture.
• Spend time learning, reading papers, and deeply understanding prior work.
• Frequent team events, dinners, off-sites, and hanging out.
How to apply
All submissions are reviewed by a person, so we encourage you to include notes on why you're interested in working with us. If you have any other work that you can showcase (open source code, side projects, etc.), certainly include it! We know that talent comes from many backgrounds, and we aim to build a team with diverse skillsets that spike strongly in different areas.
We try to reply either way within a week or two at most (usually much sooner).
Imbue builds AI systems that reason and code, enabling AI agents to accomplish larger goals and safely work in the real world. We train our own foundation models optimized for reasoning and prototype agents on top of these models. By using these agents extensively, we gain insights into improving both the capabilities of the underlying models and the interaction design for agents.
We aim to rekindle the dream of the *personal* computer, where computers become truly intelligent tools that empower us, giving us freedom, dignity, and agency to pursue the things we love.