Engineering Team Lead
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Technology – Engineering /
We’re looking for a Team Lead with a passion for leading product delivery teams to solve tough problems with performant code. As a Team Lead you will take ownership of technical outcomes as well as providing people leadership to the other members of your team. You'll manage and mentor members of the team and help them to reach their full potential. Your team will be challenged to turn apps around quickly but thoughtfully, balancing speed to market with longevity and scalability, all in the name of extraordinary customer experiences. We require a self-starting, energetic individual who is not afraid to question assumptions, and is ready to manage and guide a team to help them build the best possible software products.
- Take ownership of software engineering practice and delivery within one or more of IMMO’s cross-functional product delivery teams
- Build and manage a world class team of software engineers by hiring, training, and cultivating the best talent
- Foster high performance and Agile best practice within the team
- Provide architectural and design direction whilst controlling technical debt
- Promote collaboration and engagement within a cross-functional product delivery team
- Inspire, mentor, and encourage team members to reach their full potential
- Dive in to work hands-on with the team when the need arises
- Measure the team’s performance and guide them on how to improve their key metrics
- Manage stakeholders by balancing different work streams, staying proactively aligned with other teams, and building trust by delivering on commitments.
- Help build an environment and culture centred around:
- Independence and proactiveness
- Working end to end on business problems in collaboration with other departments
- Enjoying your work (and life!), and measuring what you get done rather than the number of hours you put in
- A meritocracy of ideas
Tools you will use
- ReactJS and React Native
- Serverless Framework
- Apache Kafka
- OpenAI APIs
- Rock-solid computer science and programming fundamentals
- Proven experience as a full stack technical lead
- Built web or mobile applications from scratch
- Managed or mentored a team of engineers
- A deep understanding of agile development methodologies and techniques
- Experience building cloud-native applications with a continuous delivery strategy
- A proven ability to take projects from ideas and experiments through to robust solutions
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment within a close-knit team with a love of clean code
- A passion for constantly learning new ideas and technologies, and for levelling up your skills - and for helping others to do the same
We are IMMO. Here to revolutionize the real estate industry, for consumers and investors alike.
Residential real estate is the biggest asset class in the world and the market in Europe is worth an estimated $50 trillion. It’s a huge untapped market, but it’s also completely fragmented!
Homeowners wrestle with huge fees and uncertain processes when they want to sell. Tenants struggle to find high-quality homes and often deal with unsympathetic landlords. Financial institutions can’t invest large pools of money into the sector without hiring an army of disparate third parties. And to complicate matters further, building new homes churns out gigatons of carbon, all whilst we face a housing crisis and a global climate emergency.
IMMO is Europe's first technology powered and fully integrated residential real estate platform, designed to create portfolios of existing single family rental (SFR) and multifamily housing (MFH). Our proprietary technology allows us to unlock investment access to 98% of the residential market currently being overlooked, at scale and speed.
At the same time, we offer better solutions to consumers – empowering homeowners with quick and transparent sales, and providing a next-gen renting experience for our residents to enjoy living in beautiful homes.
With technology in our DNA, data is at the heart of decision making, and we do things sustainably by up-cycling existing properties that are responsibly retrofitted.
Among our investors are some of the world’s top venture capital firms. IMMO has been awarded “Tech Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum and has been titled “Real Estate Asset Manager of the Future” by Goldman Sachs.
We are 170+ strong with experienced professionals working across Capital Investment, Technology, Business Functions and Operations.
IMMO exists to solve a fundamental human need: We aim to create and scale a residential ecosystem that is socially responsible, safe, well-managed, and fairly priced. We’re funded by institutional investors and supported by diverse, globally distributed teams in the UK, Germany, Spain, and India.
To further our mission, we’re looking for creative problem solvers who would like to develop the next big innovation within the real estate industry.
We believe in creating a workplace where every employee is valued, respected, and provided with equal opportunities for growth and advancement, regardless of their race, gender, or any other personal characteristic.