Immutable X Platform – Engineering /
Full Time Permanent
A bit about us:
The Immutable X Engineering Team is the powerhouse behind the world's top gaming-focused NFT Trading Ecosystem. Our team builds user experiences that delightfully and readily meet the demands of planet-scale web3 games. We solve complex problems at the bleeding edge of technology and have tons of fun.
Immutable can hire engineers across the Asia Pacific region. We can conduct all interviews and onboarding remotely and pride ourselves on our global experience. You can choose to work from our Immutable HQ in Sydney, or we will provide a WeWork all-access pass in any major city. We also offer relocation packages to Australia!
A bit about the role:
As an Engineering Manager at Immutable, you will be responsible for managing a team of engineers who seek to build cutting-edge technology for Immutable X. You will lead and mentor a team of engineers from diverse backgrounds and across different levels of experience. You will have the opportunity to coach, mentor and support a team of engineers. We are looking for someone who can foster a culture of ownership and positivity whilst ensuring meaningful growth opportunities are encouraged within our engineering teams.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Build, develop and manage a world-class engineering team
- Work with your team to establish a system of work and rituals in place to support their success
- Create a working environment that supports the growth of all engineers and consistent delivery of meaningful outcomes
- Gain exposure working in a Web3 development environment, including regular workshops and learning opportunities for blockchain development
- Work across a range of bleeding-edge technologies: Go, React, AWS, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Microservices, Event Oriented Systems, Terraform, exposure to Blockchain Development - Solidity and Cairo
- Be part of a collaborative team environment
- Participate in team planning and product design sessions
- Help estimate and prioritise proposed features
- Work in an experimental environment, learning from customer feedback and iterating on products
- Work closely with your team members to ensure operational excellence for the services your team owns
- Continually work with your team to iterate on ways of working
- Use your deep mentorship and coaching ability to uplift the capability of the entire team
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, helping to find fast, scalable paths to production
We would love you to have:
- Proven success in building, developing and managing a high-performance team in a Product/SaaS business
- Experience creating a customer-obsessed culture amongst a group of engineers
- Demonstrated experience implementing reliable and repeatable processes to accelerate software development, improve quality, and increase team engagement
- Experience in hiring and evaluating the performance of Software Engineers
- You have been an engineer in your past life and can comfortably engage in technical conversations with your engineering team
Remote first, however we do require presence in the office in Sydney at least once per month.
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you. We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered so no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!