Director of Monetisation and Game Economy
Studio (Games) – Games Studio | Game Design /
Full Time Permanent
A bit about us:
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to reach unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and having a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of the Immutable Platform, the preferred developer platform for building & scaling web3 games on Ethereum, and Immutable Games, a global leader in web3 game development and publishing with leading titles Gods Unchained and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
A bit about the role:
As we head towards a digital world where web3 enables us to truly own our digital assets, we are pioneering in this space to truly bring forward games that enable players to own their in-game assets.
As such in this newly created role as a Director of Monetisation and Game Economy, you will be involved with strategic execution in areas such as revenue growth, player engagement and retention, web 3 innovation, performance analysis, as well as compliance and risk management. Being able to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams to execute on these strategies would be key in this opportunity.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive monetisation strategy that maximises revenue while maintaining player engagement and satisfaction
- Conduct ongoing analysis of player behaviour and market trends to inform monetisation and game economy best practices
- Develop and execute pricing and promotion strategies for both Immutable and partner games
- Develop and implement web3 game economy design best practices
- Manage and develop a small team of game economists and revenue strategists into becoming global experts in web3 game economy design and management
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, game design, analytics, and marketing, to ensure effective execution of monetisation and game economy strategies
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of monetisation and web3 game economy strategies and adjust as needed to drive revenue growth and player satisfaction
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends in the gaming industry to inform monetisation and game economy strategies
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to monetisation and game economy
We would love you to have:
- Exceptional strategic thinking capabilities to leverage your knowledge of traditional game design and knowledge of web3 economies to build the case studies of tomorrow
- Strong modelling and analytical skills
- Inspirational leadership qualities to motivate cross-functional teams in order to execute on monetisation and game economy strategies effectively
- A deep understanding of the gaming industry, market trends, competitive landscape, and best practices in monetisation and game economy
- Strong business acumen to make informed decisions that balance revenue growth with player satisfaction, and to manage risks related to monetisation and game economy activities. This includes understanding financial metrics such as revenue, engagement metrics, and lifetime value of players
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer USD $500 WFH allowance to set up your home office and USD $600 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to USD $1,350 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy USD $800 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered, so there is no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!