Sydney, Australia /
Gamers spent more than $100 billion on in-game items last year. However, $0 of that went to other players - it mostly went directly to huge free-to-play game studios. At Immutable, we're all about ownership: using blockchain technology to provide gamers with real and "immutable" ownership, rather than licensing agreements, over the items they've worked so hard to acquire.
Powering the world's most popular blockchain games, Immutable builds marketplaces and infrastructure so that game developers can provide better value to their users and introduce free-market economies inside their games. A critical part of that ecosystem is our upcoming launch of Immutable X, our cross-game item marketplace and exchange functionality.
It will offer fast, reliable trades with minimal transaction fees and will support both first- and third-party assets that function within the Immutable ecosystem. Immutable X is non-custodial, meaning users will have complete control over their assets at all times and won't have to place their trust in any central entity to hold and manage their assets for them.
We are looking for a Product Manager to grow liquidity on Immutable X and create a trading ecosystem for digital items that empowers and rewards players.
A bit about the role
You will own product management for Immutable X; our cross-game item marketplace and exchange functionality. You will be a crucial component in making Immutable X the leading high-frequency digital item exchange. This role has tremendous growth potential, as we expand the marketplace and the games and users on it.
As a Product Manager, you will act as the glue between our most technical teams, external users and developers, and our internal stakeholders. You will need to understand the varied user needs for all participants in this exciting and evolving space, and you will own the roadmap for the future development of this key infrastructure used by internal and external partners.
Here’s how you’ll contribute
- Set and deliver squad OKRs based on a brief given by the Product Director
- Develop, groom and prioritise the roadmap for our ImmutableX team
- Act as Product Owner to run your Agile Scrum process
- Create clear and comprehensive user stories for the team
- Weigh difficult tradeoffs understanding the user, security and engineering requirements
- Empower squad members to make decisions within their area of responsibility
- Research the blockchain, defi and exchange spaces to develop an understanding of what is possible in the space
- Research traditional item marketplaces to understand what mainstream users want and expect
- Conduct qualitative research with users to understand their needs and desires
- Use Amplitude and the data analytics team to continually improve the product
- Communicate with Senior Leadership, stakeholders, designers and engineers
- Gather requirements from relevant stakeholders (sales, marketing, customer support, legal, finance etc.)
- Ensure the team has a consistent, reliable shipping cadence
- Cultivate the Immutable culture and values within the Immutable X squad
A bit about you
- Demonstrated experience of define, building and launching exceptional products
- 2+ years of experience working as a software product manager in a startup environment
- 5+ years experience in a product or technical role
- Previous experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrated experience of defining, building and launching exceptional products
- Can align teams on a shared vision and steer execution removing any roadblocks
- Able to think critically about product strategy, positioning and customer value
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and discuss technical requirements with engineering and delivery (ops/release/infrastructure) teams
- Effective communication and management style that can lead & influence at all levels to drive successful outcomes
Some extra skills/interests that would be awesome
- Worked on a blockchain exchange or product
- Passion for blockchain, cryptocurrency and the Immutable mission
- Worked on a marketplace product in a similar role
Some of the things we can offer you
- Competitive salary, plus equity
- Relocation package
- Flexibility to work from home regularly
- Located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop where we hold loads of parties and BBQs (pre-COVID)
- Weekly social events and numerous celebrations
- A very supportive, fun and progressive environment
- We provide you with all the hardware and an additional $750 to set up your new home office
- Perkbox benefits including premium access to calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Thousands of courses on Go1, my academy and Naspers
- Access to 24/7 EAP service