AP Manager (Inventory exp req) - Imperfect Foods!
San Francisco, CA /
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, we are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join our growing Finance Team at Imperfect Foods. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for managing the AP team and all related responsibilities to ensure timeliness, completeness, and accuracy in accordance with GAAP in a high-growth environment. You will be able to scale and make process improvements with a high volume of invoices, transactions and vendors while maintaining compliance with internal controls.
You'll work cross-functionally and collaborate with key Finance business partners (Procurement, IT, Ops, Marketing, etc.) throughout the company.
- Manages day to day operations of AP & support Purchasing/Procurement requests
- Responsible for timely and complete processing of all AP transactions and ensure accurate coding to General Ledger
- Support training and development of 5-6 staff and help in setting operational goals (KPI’s for invoice processing)
- Help develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures
- Maintain effective relationships with business partners/vendors through timely and accurate payment and response to inquiries
- Responsible for supporting accurate and timely completion of AP month-end closing process, perform monthly AP related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Coordinate with Purchasing departments to resolve 3-way match discrepancies
- Oversee the Corporate Card program including Expense T&E program and Corp card program
- Supervise maintenance and filing of AP records in accordance with company guidelines
- Identify and escalate priority issues timely to management
- Assist with audit schedules for external auditors as needed
- Supervise preparation of annual 1099 and other AP compliance reporting requirements
- Own the vendor on-boarding procedures and the required tax forms
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Finance / Accounting
- Minimum of 7 years AP experience with people management experience
- Experience with NetSuite and/or other mid/top tier accounting systems and tools is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and grow existing team as well as work develop/maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Ability to multi-task and take on a large volume of work in a high growth environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position:
- Full-time, Exempt position reporting to the VP of Accounting
- Based out of San Francisco, California
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
This role will be required to be on-site once it is safe.
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.