CDL Class A Truck Driver
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect Produce is currently recruiting for a CDL Class A Truck Driver in Northlake, IL. Our Drivers successfully operate various tractor-trailer combinations from Nothlake, IL to our surrounding Midwest line hauls. Truck Drivers also sort, handle, load, and/or unload freight at Imperfect locations. Linehaul Drivers are critical members of our team they help to accurately deliver our produce boxes and help keep our promises.
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of materials
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Dept. of Transportation and satisfactorily pass a drug test
- Operates computer/ internal freight monitoring systems required
- Available for around the clock shifts to accommodate freight movements
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license for at least 2 years
- 2 years of previous tractor-trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified and Licensed truck driving school
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English, and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc
- Must have a working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection, and maintenance, and driving for extended periods of time
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Details of the Position:
- Full-time non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Delivery
- Position based out of our local operation in Northlake, IL
- Pay is $21 / hour
- Open availability required; home every night
- Overtime may occur
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Frequent driving
- Exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Job offer contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screen
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.