Quality Assurance Engineer
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the team that assesses software quality and feature releases through automated and manual testing. For new feature releases you will be responsible for finding and reporting defects and variances, as well as ensuring that all phases and features of the software are tested and risks and potential issues are identified as thoroughly as possible. You will primarily do this by working with engineers to build automated testing processes and tools, expanding the automated testing skill set on the QA team, and assisting with manual testing when necessary.
This is an exciting time to join us and support the growth of the QA and Engineering teams at Imperfect. This position will report to the Test Engineering Manager. If you are excited to apply your insight and skills to elevate the team, and you are passionate about fighting food waste, we’d love to hear from you!
- Translate manual test cases into recurring automated tests
- Work with QA and development engineers to expand test coverage and fill testing gaps in a stable way
- Share responsibility for test automation architecture and maintenance
- Assist with configuration and maintenance of test environments alongside our DevOps team
- Design and write automated test scripts and deploy these scripts using automation software (ex. Selenium)
- Perform manual testing by relying on extensive knowledge of modern websites, REST APIs, and SQL databases
- Work with cross-functional teams (Engineers and Product Managers) to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Provide technical mentorship to other QA engineers and associates
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Help troubleshoot issues, both from Engineering and end-users (usually via Customer Care)
- Document features and educate others outside of the QA/Engineering department
- Work with engineers and engineering management to identify, collect, and report on relevant software quality metrics
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in software quality assurance of both front-end and back-end systems
- 2+ years experience in writing front-end and back-end automated tests
- Experience with test automation framework architecture and using testing design patterns, like page object model
- Understanding of all levels of the testing pyramid and how to build test infrastructure that supports it
- Experience with testing methodologies such as BDD or TDD
- Experience writing clear, concise, and comprehensive automated and manual test cases
- Experience working in Agile environments
- You love to collaborate with skilled, passionate people
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills
- You can work independently or under supervision, and show initiative to identify and solve problems
- You are technically proficient in automating software testing for websites backed by web services
- You love seeing an all green test suite that runs in a minimal amount of time
- You’re willing and able to provide technical mentorship to more junior QA team members
- You’re a team player able to work in collaboration with DevOps, software developers, and other internal stakeholders
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You’re an effective time manager
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Test Engineering Manager
- Remote position anywhere in the continental U.S
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Domestic travel to new and existing facilities required as needed
- A mix of sedentary and standing workRegular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Domestic travel as necessary
- Ability to relocate large screens and conference room equipment
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.