Class B CDL Driver $27
Sacramento, CA /
Founded in 2015, Imperfect Foods, a Certified B CorporationTM (B CorpTM), is the leading online grocer at the forefront of eliminating food waste and building a better food system. We work directly with farmers and producers to rescue, redistribute, and develop goods across multiple grocery categories, and to date have rescued more than 150 million pounds of food from lesser outcomes. Our customers enjoy a customizable service that is more affordable and more environmentally friendly than the average trip to the grocery store.
At Imperfect Foods, we're on a mission to eliminate food waste and build a better food system for everyone.
Net Zero Carbon Commitment:
Imperfect Foods pledged to become a net-zero carbon operation by 2030. To do that, we’re working to optimize every part of our business operations and supply chain to mitigate waste, and are switching to 100% renewable energy in our fulfillment centers and vehicle fleet by 2027.
Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable for the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.
About the Role:
Imperfect Foods is currently recruiting for a Class B Linehaul Driver. Our Drivers successfully operate various tractor-trailer combinations. Truck Drivers also sort, handle, load, and/or unload freight at Imperfect locations. Linehaul Drivers are critical members of our team they help to accurately deliver our produce boxes and help keep our promises. To support our mission of reducing waste to landfills, Imperfect Foods drivers will backhaul select Imperfect Foods packaging items from the cross docks with each delivery. In 2021, our Delivery Team saved over 2 million pounds of plastic from landfills!
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Dept. of Transportation and satisfactorily pass a drug test and alcohol test
- Operates computer/internal freight monitoring systems required
- Available for around the clock shifts to accommodate freight movements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license
- 1 year previous tractor trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified and Licensed truck driving school
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English, and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems. Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, and inspection and maintenance
- Pass a Drug Test and satisfactorily pass an alcohol test (if applicable). Must have had a valid commercial license for at least 1 year
- Frequent driving
- Exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 75 pounds
- Offer contingent on successful completion of background check
Details of the Position
- $27 per hour, plus overtime
- Shift: Monday to Thursday Hours: 6am Start (Open availability required/OT may occur)
- Quarterly bonus up to $500
- Position based out of our local operation in Sacramento, CA
- Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k with company match
- Paid vacation/sick time, Parental leave, and 8 Holidays
- Company-paid cell phone allowance
- $1,300 a year in free groceries
Imperfect's commitment to DEI
Imperfect Foods is steadfast in its commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.
We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams.
DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Visa Sponsorship: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
COVID update for on-site employees:
All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).