Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
The software engineering team builds the ecommerce platform and internal tooling that support our mission to eliminate food waste and build a kinder food system. Engineers don’t just build widgets -- we participate in the full lifecycle of a feature, from conception to release. We have heaps of interesting problems to solve around customer experience, logistics, supply chain and scale. We’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to support the overall engineering team as they help us take the work out of grocery shopping by building delightfully functional web and mobile experiences.
If owning the full product engineering lifecycle, sustainability, preventing food waste, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
This role will report to the Devops Manager, and can be remotely located within US time zones.
This is our fifth dedicated hire for DevOps and test automation, and we expect this person to be a leader in infrastructure, quality and reliability. You should have the technical skills to work directly with AWS and test suites, and the communication skills to educate others and help to institute a culture of quality.
If preventing food waste, being a DevOps and test automation pioneer, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
- Manage all cloud-based infrastructure, including performance and cost optimization
- Ensure application and infrastructure observability
- Build internal tooling to reduce friction points in the software development lifecycle
- Establish and maintain test suites, collaborating with broader team to execute
- Advocate for code quality and automated approaches to ensuring that quality
- Share on-call rotation and be an escalation point to the business and engineering
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Imperfect customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments in your area(s) of expertise
- Deep expertise running production-grade, large-scale web software on AWS
- Experience implementing infrastructure-as-code
- Experience establishing test suites and integrating them into continuous integration systems
- Understanding of database schema design, caching and scalability. Expertise with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with distributed, service-oriented systems communicating with RESTful API interfaces. Bonus: experience with event sourcing, CQRS and asynchronous communication using queues
- Experience with containers and container lifecycle management
- Experience with kubernetes or EKS a plus
- A pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work cross-functionally with people in different areas of expertise
- A sincere commitment to crafting maintainable, dependable systems
- The willingness and ability to contribute to a team culture of quality
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the DevOps Manager
- Remote position anywhere in the continental US
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.