Cleveland, OH /
Founded in 2015, Imperfect Foods, a Certified B CorporationTM (B CorpTM), is the leading online grocer at the forefront of eliminating food waste and building a better food system. We work directly with farmers and producers to rescue, redistribute, and develop goods across multiple grocery categories, and to date have rescued more than 150 million pounds of food from lesser outcomes. Our customers enjoy a customizable service that is more affordable and more environmentally friendly than the average trip to the grocery store.
At Imperfect Foods, we're on a mission to eliminate food waste and build a better food system for everyone.
Net Zero Carbon Commitment:
Imperfect Foods pledged to become a net-zero carbon operation by 2030. To do that, we’re working to optimize every part of our business operations and supply chain to mitigate waste, and are switching to 100% renewable energy in our fulfillment centers and vehicle fleet by 2027.
Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable for the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.
Our Team: At Imperfect, we deliver Groceries on a Mission! As a delivery driver, you will deliver Imperfect Foods boxes directly to our customers' homes in the assigned area, while ensuring that deliveries arrive in pristine shape, according to customer instructions, and during the scheduled time window. You will be the face of our company, and the main liaison between Imperfect Foods and our customers. To support our mission of reducing waste to landfills, Imperfect Foods drivers will collect select Imperfect Foods packaging items from customers with each delivery. In 2021, our Delivery Team saved over 2 million pounds of plastic from landfills!
What you will be doing:
- Delivering Imperfect Foods grocery boxes to customers in your assigned area, paying special attention to customer instructions
- Picking up select packaging items from our customers as part of our recycling program
- Courteously driving from customer to customer in a Company-provided van
- You may be expected to deliver up to 150 boxes per shift and must pay close attention to delivery instructions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old, and have a valid driver's license
- Ability to read and understand delivery instructions.
- Working Smartphone with data plan for pictures (you will receive a cell phone allowance)
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail. Communicative - no question is too small to ask!
- You excel at independent, unsupervised work and are able to problem-solve and think on your feet
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 60+ pounds
- Comfortable driving a full shift, working in all types of weather conditions until the job is done
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- $17.00 per hour with overtime occasionally
- Part-time work will not exceed 30 hours/week
- Quarterly Bonus- up to $500
- $1,300 per year in free groceries
- Paid time off accrued
- Holidays off
- No health benefits offered for this role
Imperfect's commitment to DEI
Imperfect Foods is steadfast in its commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.
We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams.
DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Visa Sponsorship: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
COVID update for on-site employees:
All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).