Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
About the role:
At Imperfect we are all about groceries on a mission. Since 2015, our services have saved over 100M lbs of food with 4.1M lbs of food donated along the way. Our software engineering team builds the ecommerce platform and internal tooling that makes this all possible. The team partners closely with product management and UX designers to develop features, solutions, and systems that enhance and transform user experience. Engineers don’t just build widgets -- we participate in the full lifecycle of a feature, from conception to release. We’re a remote-first team with members scattered throughout the US. This role will report to the Head of Engineering.
If preventing food waste, owning the full product engineering lifecycle, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Prototype quickly to test out new ideas and experiments
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing maintainable code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Imperfect customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments in your area(s) of expertise
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of professionally building production-grade, large-scale web software
- Highly adept with asynchronous application logic to fetch data from APIs
- Full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
- Bonus: interest and skill in working with F#
- Bonus: experience with or interest in accessibility
- You have a pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem-solving
- You have a sincere commitment to crafting maintainable, dependable systems
- You have the willingness and ability to contribute to a team culture of quality
- You're passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position
- Full-time exempt position
- Candidate can be remotely located within the US
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- A mix of sedentary and standing work
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.