Founded in 2015, Imperfect Foods, a Certified B CorporationTM (B CorpTM), is the leading online grocer at the forefront of eliminating food waste and building a better food system. We work directly with farmers and producers to rescue, redistribute, and develop goods across multiple grocery categories, and to date have rescued more than 150 million pounds of food from lesser outcomes. Our customers enjoy a customizable service that is more affordable and more environmentally friendly than the average trip to the grocery store.
At Imperfect Foods, we're on a mission to eliminate food waste and build a better food system for everyone.
Net Zero Carbon Commitment:
Imperfect Foods pledged to become a net-zero carbon operation by 2030. To do that, we’re working to optimize every part of our business operations and supply chain to mitigate waste, and are switching to 100% renewable energy in our fulfillment centers and vehicle fleet by 2027.
Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable for the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.
About the Role:
Imperfect Foods is looking for a Pricing Analyst to join the Pricing team and support the reporting and analytics surrounding pricing and gross profit.
This role will be responsible for daily and weekly reporting surrounding pricing and gross profit. Support the maintenance of promotional pricing, setting initial competitive pricing, tracking gross margin impacts, and support zone pricing initiatives. Conduct analysis of sales at the market level, competitive pricing analysis at the market level, and analysis and reporting on all pricing tests conducted. Perform scheduled updates of pricing model assumptions. Ensure applicable pricing data is accurate and updated on a timely basis.
This role will directly report to the Pricing Strategy Manager.
If you are passionate about fighting food waste and have a passion for data analytics, we’d love to hear from you!
- Evaluate existing product pricing strategies and monitor margin to drive profitability
- Support the Pricing Strategy Manager to develop a scalable internal price competitiveness process to optimize pricing on a daily basis
- Utilize and engage with price scraping tool(s) to make our team as efficient as possible
- Track, measure and report business metrics against financial targets
- Update and complete all reporting and analysis around pricing impacts to sales and margin
- Audit and maintain data accuracy
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in data analytics
- Preferred understanding of DTC or e-commerce pricing
- Experience with retailers and direct suppliers preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with focus on Excel as well as Google Suite
- Bonus: Preferred basic knowledge of SQL
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
- A self starter who can work independently and navigate an ambiguous environment
- Data driven: You love working with numbers and can build a pivot table with your eyes closed.
- Extremely organized: You are efficient, deadline-driven, detail-oriented and able to prioritize among multiple priorities at once.
- A team player: You are personable, collaborative and stay calm under pressure.
- You can work well with clear expectations and communication.
Details of Position:
- Full-time exempt position
- 100% Remote work
- Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Imperfect's commitment to DEI
Imperfect Foods is steadfast in its commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.
We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams.
DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
COVID update for on-site employees:
All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).