Warehouse Lead (Quality Control) $20.50 w/ benefits!
San Francisco, CA /
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role
We are looking for a Quality Control Lead who can help enter study data into an electronic format and quality check as you go. You are the first person to review all data and will need to be extremely well-organized, efficient, and detail oriented. If you're a take-charge problem solver passionate about fighting food waste, we'd love to talk!
Why Work at Imperfect:
- Competitive pay: $20.50 per hour (up to $820/week)
- $25 weekly credit to your Imperfect Foods account
- Opportunity for career advancement, regular bonuses, and merit-based pay increasesGet some extra dough for referring your friends/past colleagues ($250 & up!)
What You'll Be Doing:
- Report to Warehouse Inventory Manager at San Francisco Location
- Maintains quality standards by approving incoming products that conforms to specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable products.
- Maintains quality standards by approving in-process production that conforms to specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to facility leadership.
- Maintains quality standards by approving raw & finished products that conforms to specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Maintains quality standards by removing all products that fail to meet specifications.
- Monitor operations & recommend process improvements to meet standards.
- Communicates and documents inspection and data results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into the database.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, attending seminars, watching industry videos, etc.
- Accomplishes organizational mission by completing related results as needed
What You'll Need:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in produce
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain and teach methodologies.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to analyze information & data.
- Analytical, logical thought process and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to use and maintain inspection equipment.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler)
- Excels at independent, unsupervised work
- Please take a moment to apply if this seems like a good fit for you. If you decide it is not, there are other job opportunities on our website linked HERE that just might be
- If your application is a fit, someone from our team will contact you via email to set up an onsite interview and warehouse tour
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.