Head of Growth
Imperfect is a produce delivery startup on a mission to reduce food waste and to make fresh produce more affordable, accessible, and convenient. We source produce directly from farms, which would otherwise go to waste, and deliver it to customers' doors for 30-50% less than grocery store prices. Since our start in 2015, our customers have saved millions of pounds of produce from going to waste.
Imperfect is more than just a produce box! In everything we do, we bring an appetite, lead with heart, embrace imperfection, and work to grow the movement. We aim to cultivate sustainable environments everywhere we go–whether in the office, warehouse, or field. By working at Imperfect, you’re helping build a more sustainable and effective food system. You’re helping fight food waste. You’re ensuring farmers are rewarded for their full harvest. You’re improving access to healthy food in food deserts. With each curvy cucumber and misshapen potato, you’re helping shape our world for the better.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations in each of our cities: the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Indianapolis, and Milwaukee.
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About The Role
As Head of Growth you’ll own everything from the top of the funnel through conversion. You own the intersection of marketing and product and what that means for prospective customers. The three key responsibility areas rest in acquisition, activation, and referral across the entire funnel. This role requires a high level of analytical problem solving, project management, and collaboration as you design and implement user acquisition strategies. You’ll work to optimize our conversion funnels, test and determine direction across channels, and scale best practices. This role reports directly to our CMO and will be managing a current growth team.
Build the right infrastructure for Imperfect’s growth strategy
- Work with product and engineering on prioritization, testing, and knowing what it takes to get things done
- Drive and take responsibility for all KPIs related to growth: CAC and CAC:LTV Ratio as well as conversion funnel KPIs
- Build and maintain analytics and systems to measure performance
- Own, develop, and refine Imperfect’s referral strategy as part of the overall growth strategy
- Select and implement various growth tools to make the team more efficient
Create and continuously refine online and offline acquisition strategy
- Manage all online and offline channels
- Use knowledge of customer economics to pull the right levers across all online and offline acquisition channels
- Select and manage both in-house team members and agencies to execute acquisition campaigns
- Work closely with Director of Brand on alignment of brand messaging within acquisition
- Provide feedback to Director of Brand to inform content strategy for earned channels
- Collect and utilize deep customer insights to develop understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions to seed Imperfect’s acquisition strategy
- Optimize user segmentation using analytics to better improve customer definitions for acquisition
- Create and implement retargeting strategies
Manage and build a team who designs and implements tests for both acquisition channels and the conversion funnel
- Stay curious and relevant on new and evolving strategies
- A/B test landing pages and stages of the conversion funnel to improve conversion rates
- A/B test and continuously iterate acquisition channels to optimize for growth
- Work closely with the Director of Product to implement tests and features outside of the conversion funnel that may impact overall growth
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in a growth marketing role with a strong focus on paid acquisition and product marketing
- 3+ years experience managing developers and product teams to implement funnel optimization strategies
- Deep expertise in Excel, SQL, SPSS, and other analytical tools
- Experience managing external consultants
- Proficient in setting up and managing multiple online and offline channels: search, social, display, direct mail, etc.
- You know basic acquisition strategies -- what works and what doesn’t -- and always have a pulse on new methods coming to the market.
- You’re analytical. You dig deep on the numbers and you’re motivated by the results of trackable data (Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc).
- You’re a solutions-focused thinker, quick to test new strategies and campaigns.
- You sit on the line of execution and strategy and are comfortable wearing both hats.
- You’ve managed both short and long term acquisition budgets.
- You’ve seen both success and failure in company growth. And when you failed, it was fast.
- You’re comfortable presenting and translating your strategy and outcomes to a multitude of company stakeholders.
- You’ve successfully built and currently maintain friendships through work.
- You're excited about Imperfect’s mission to fight food waste.
Details of Position
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and is available immediately
- Position is based out of our Bayview headquarters in San Francisco
- Salary and stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package includes health care, vacation days, and free produce!
- Sedentary work; predominantly involves sitting most of the time.
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Walking, climbing stairs, and standing are required only occasionally
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets also required
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Produce are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.