CRM & Email Marketing Manager
Imperfect Produce is a mission-driven startup that is creating America’s first major consumer brand around “ugly” produce. One in five fruits and vegetables grown in America never make it off the farm due to tiny cosmetic defects that do not affect quality. Imperfect is on a mission to find a home for these misshapen fruits and veggies in people’s fridges by selling them for a 30-50% discount with a lovable, hip brand. We offer the most affordable and environmentally-responsible produce option, starting with our weekly produce delivery service across the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and Portland. In addition to building a scalable solution to fight food waste, our business model also generates extra revenue to California farmers.
Imperfect has raised significant investment and has been featured in major publications including the New York Times, PBS NewsHour, NPR, Washington Post, Food and Wine, and the front page of the SF Chronicle. We have put together a team of the leading food waste entrepreneurs in the country and are working with a team of world-class advisors, including Doug Rauch, former President of Trader Joe’s.
About The Role
As the Email Marketing Manager, you’ll own all aspects of email marketing from strategy, execution, testing, and reporting analytics. This role requires a high level of analytically-driven campaign management, attention to detail and design, and collaboration as you’ll be leaning on our content team to ensure all email communication follows the Imperfect brand. We’re excited to have you ensure email marketing is one of our most highly effective acquisition and retention channels.
- Develop the email roadmap for all email communication across content-driven, transactional, reengagement, and abandon cart emails
- Oversee all aspects of email execution including development, deployment, scheduling, segmentation, A/B testing, and optimization
- Collaborate with the Content Manager and Director of Brand for email content creation and to ensure emails are on brand and follow design guidelines
- Customize content based on various customer segments and markets to make our email program highly effective and relevant
- Establish email performance benchmarks and report on key metrics including but not limited to: open rates, CTR, conversion rate, and LTV impact
- Identify new segmentation opportunities to serve content and messaging to improve conversion, retention, and increase AOV
- Continuously refine drip campaign flows based on A/B testing and email performance to optimize email as a conversion tool
- Partner with CMO on email acquisition strategy and spend
- Responsible for accuracy of all email campaigns including imagery, links/UTMs, and error-free copy
- 3+ years experience in an email marketing role
- Experience using marketing automation
- Experience crafting drip email campaign flows
- Experience managing CRM
- Understanding of marketing funnel metrics and customer LTV analysis
- Strong analytical skills (especially in Excel) with the ability to use data to optimize campaigns and report on metrics
- Excellent writing skills with a command of grammar and style
- Experience leading revenue-driving campaigns and making shifts in campaigns in a fast-past environment
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge a plus but not required
Send your resume, salary requirements and a sentence or two on why you’re the best candidate for this role.