Mechanical Engineering Intern
Santa Clara, CA
Impossible Aerospace seeks a highly motivated and experienced mechanical design intern to support the production ramp of the revolutionary US-1 vehicle. The intern in this role will design and build prototype components, test fixtures, and manufacturing fixtures utilizing 3D modeling and finite element analysis software.
- Design, analysis and prototyping of vehicle airframe and payload components
- Defining requirements and design of manufacturing and test equipment
- Creating mechanical part and assembly drawings
- Strong knowledge of at least one major CAD package
- GD&T and mechanical drawing experience
- 6+ months of previous internships/extracurricular project work
- 2+ years college experience, currently working towards BS, MS or advanced degree in relevant engineering program
- Exposure to aerospace engineering, drones, aircraft, and aerodynamics
- Knowledge of common engineering plastics and manufacturing techniques (injection molding, vacuum forming, 3D printing)
- Experience working with composite materials
- Experience performing basic static FEA analysis
- Experience working with Matlab
We are flexible on start date and duration. You should bring at least 3 months of time.
About Impossible Aerospace
The goal of Impossible is to bring to market a viable, fully electric alternative to conventional aviation. We have assembled a world-class team of engineers from companies like Tesla and SpaceX and are located in Sunnyvale, California.