Associate Mechanical Design Engineer
Impossible Aerospace seeks a highly motivated and experienced Associate Mechanical Design Engineer to work on the airframe structure of our Impossible Aircraft.
This position designs and builds prototype components, test and manufacturing fixtures utilizing 3D modeling and finite element analysis software.
- Design, analysis and prototyping of vehicle airframe components
- Defining requirements and design of manufacturing and test equipment
- Creating mechanical part and assembly drawings
- Strong knowledge of at least one major CAD package
- GD&T and mechanical drawing experience
- 10+ months of previous internships/extracurricular project work
- BS, MS or advanced degree in relevant engineering program
- Exposure to aerospace engineering, drones, aircraft, and aerodynamics
- Knowledge of common engineering plastics and manufacturing techniques (injection molding, vacuum forming, blow molding)
- Experience working with composite materials
- Experience performing basic static FEA analysis
- Experience working with Matlab
The goal of Impossible is to bring to market a viable, fully electric alternative to conventional aviation. We have assembled a world-class team of engineers from companies like Tesla and SpaceX and are located in Santa Clara, California.