Engineering Technician R&D
Santa Clara, CA
As a mid level engineering technician, you will work closely with the mechanical and electrical engineering team. We have a fully outfitted prototype shop and electronics lab, which you would use to build fixtures, tooling and conduct inspections and troubleshooting.
- Complete complex electro-mechanical functions and activities: drone troubleshooting, component testing, component and system removal/installation/assembly, fabrication and modification
- Teardown and detailed documentation of engineering test drones
- Conduct PCB diagnostics, modification, and assembly
- Produce and maintain detailed documentation around team processes and for all test and maintenance procedures
- Design, build, and set up equipment and test fixtures; prepare and conduct tests; operate and maintain equipment used for testing
- Perform other machining, prototype or lab related duties as assigned
- Observe all safety standards. Maintain a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Follow operating instructions, use protective equipment when required, and use equipment and materials properly. Actively strive to prevent accidents and injuries.
- 4+ years technical experience in electro-mechanical, computer, automotive, marine electronics, robotics, or aerospace industries
- Formal education in Engineering Technology or trade school major. BS, AS, technology trade certificate, or work experience equivalent
- Machine shop, lab, rapid prototyping, testing, and instrumentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to use general shop and diagnostic tools
- Strong working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Ability to work in a cooperative, rapidly changing team setting with aggressive goals and challenging timelines.
- Time management and cooperative development skills. Focus, attention to detail, and require minimal guidance to complete tasks
- Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, and team oriented
The goal of Impossible is to bring to market a viable, fully electric alternative to conventional aviation. We have assembled a world-class team of engineers from companies like Tesla and SpaceX and are located in Sunnyvale, California.