Data Engineer m/f/d
Data and Analytics /
Impossible Cloud is building a new, distributed, virtual Cloud platform. Our first offering will be Cloud storage, later followed by Cloud compute and networking through our distributed network of nodes provided by various suppliers. Demand for Cloud services is increasing exponentially: here, you become part of the new global system driven by decentralized technologies disrupting the mainstream Cloud space.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs and were extremely successful with previous companies. This provides the company with highly stable financing. We are strategically and financially independent from investors, we’re entering a booming market, and we’re passionate and 100% committed to success.
Join our team of rockstar entrepreneurial-minded engineers driving innovation, especially when established technologies face scaling challenges. In an all-English-speaking environment, we are researching and learning new solutions daily, pushing the boundaries of distributed technologies. Become part of something bigger: Impossible Cloud is aiming to create a European technology counterweight to the current dominance of the tech giants. Finally, we are proudly part of a global movement to improve the efficiency of existing infrastructure and build a smart, diverse, and sustainable business. Come reinvent the internet with Impossible Cloud!
Your skills and experience are essential for the success of our solution. You will be involved hands-on building data architecture to achieve robust and reliable data pipelines: you will work closely with the business and engineering leadership and will enable key business and product decisions and strategies.
What you will do
- Build a state-of-the-art data architecture for a fast-growing tech-first organization.
- Apply best practices and innovative technologies to achieve operational excellence
- Streamline our data ingestion and create robust pipelines for large amounts of data
- Implement automated testing, monitoring, and alerting systems to ensure data availability and quality at all times
- Take complete ownership of challenging projects in close collaboration with stakeholders from the tech and business sides.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field or significant professional experience.
- Experience in data engineering and cloud technology.
- Excellent command of SQL and at least one more language such as Python or Scala, demonstrated in a professional environment.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Familiarity with data workflow solutions such as Airflow or Luigi.
- Experience truly fast growth - work with top talents on the journey to become THE next impactful player in cloud computing and the blockchain industry
- Being part of the founding team: one of the best time to join in terms of risk / rewards
- You can impact the company’s culture and make a difference with your own ideas: including on topics like benefits!
- Flexible home/remote balance, cool office, healthy brain foods (fresh fruit, berries, nuts, yogurt, or avocados), good coffee
- Experienced, supportive and motivating colleagues
- Flat hierarchy and trust where the team works together on the same mission
1. Please submit your LinkedIn Profile or CV together with the application form
2. After checking your application, we invite candidates fitting our requirements to a first screening, during which we will also tell you about us.
3. We will then initiate further interviews to understand you and your skills better while striving for a fast and lean process.
4. Very soon, you might get an offer call, a written offer letter, and one signature later, you join the team.