Sr / Staff / Principal Engineer - Distributed Systems
BUILD THE NEXT GENERATION OF THE INTERNET
Impossible Cloud represents the spirit of innovation and determination. Our cutting-edge cloud solutions help bridging the gap between web3 technology and mainstream B2B cloud use cases. We are eliminating frictions currently slowing web3 mass adoption and deliver key benefits like increased speed and security while optimizing costs.
Impossible Cloud was founded by serial entrepreneurs who formerly built multiple unicorns. With our top team of passionate people who have joined Impossible Cloud from several different countries, we are continuously researching and pushing the boundaries of distributed technologies. Impossible Cloud is backed by an all-star team of internationally renowned venture capital companies, and we are part of the Protocol Labs Network.
Become part of something bigger: We’re committed to reinventing the internet, to push technological innovation and business determination to the next level. Join us on our journey to make the impossible possible.
In order to meet our ambition, we have to push distributed systems beyond what people consider possible!
You will be involved hands-on, building our backend cloud application and helping solving the most exciting challenges of distributed systems and decentralized storage and computing: speed, reliability, and security.
You will be part of an experienced team, researching, designing, building, and scaling the software and systems necessary to solve these challenges.
In this role you will
- Design, develop and Implement performant and resilient distributed systems
- Support a cross-functional setup of scalable data structures, distributed storage, and computing architecture
- Design, build and operate large-scale systems serving data with low latency to many countries worldwide with millions of users
- Run, scale, and maintain production software
- Write high-quality, well-tested code with very frequent and fast deployments to production
- Have a crucial impact on the growth of our highly ambitious startup
You could be a great fit for the role if you have
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Solid experience building applications using Go or Rust
- Ability to develop, run and maintain large-scale infrastructure services
- Strong experience in designing and developing APIs and high-volume data streaming and processing systems
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and their technical building blocks: e.g. distributed hash tables, consensus algorithms, and gossip protocols
- Deep understanding of network protocols and technologies, from DNS to IP routing, TCP and UDP connections, and modern high-level protocols (HTTP2, gRPC, Websockets)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for mentoring and educating junior people in the team
- Team player, collaborative attitude
- You understand cloud platforms architecture, especially networking, security, storage, and resilient application topologies
- You have experience designing and building peer-to-peer software systems and applications.
- Practical experience “how the internet works”, hole punching, STUN/TURN
What we offer
- Work with experienced, passionate, and supportive colleagues and cutting-edge technology
- Great office in a trendy location, free healthy brain food, and subsidized premium gym membership
- Monthly recurring, collaborative meetup weeks with cool team events
- A flat hierarchy and a high level of trust: we work together on the same mission
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone can contribute equally. In-person collaboration and communication are part of Impossible Cloud’s cultural identity, and we value working together regularly in our Hamburg Headquarters.
The recruiting process
1. Please submit your LinkedIn Profile or CV together with the application form
2. Successful candidates are invited to a Kickoff call.
3. We will then initiate a fast, lean remote and on-site interview process designed for the specific role and seniority.
4. Within days, you could be part of the Impossible Cloud team!