Web3 Engineering Tech Lead
Engineering (web3) /
Impossible Cloud is building a new, distributed, virtual Cloud platform. Our first offering will be Cloud storage, later followed by Cloud compute and networking through our distributed network of nodes provided by various suppliers. Demand for Cloud services is increasing exponentially: here, you become part of the new global system driven by decentralized technologies disrupting the mainstream Cloud space.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs and were extremely successful with previous companies. This provides the company with highly stable financing. We are strategically and financially independent from investors, we’re entering a booming market, and we’re passionate and 100% committed to success.
Join our team of rockstar entrepreneurial-minded engineers driving innovation, especially when established technologies face scaling challenges. In an all-English-speaking environment, we are researching and learning new solutions daily, pushing the boundaries of distributed technologies. Become part of something bigger: Impossible Cloud is aiming to create a European technology counterweight to the current dominance of the tech giants. Finally, we are proudly part of a global movement to improve the efficiency of existing infrastructure and build a smart, diverse, and sustainable business. Come reinvent the internet with Impossible Cloud!
As our Web3 Lead m/w/d located in Hamburg, Germany, you will lead our effort building an infrastructure of web3 nodes which acts as the backbone of our distributed cloud. You will lead the technical development of our web3 layer in a meaningful and scalable way, unlocking the advantages of blockchain, as the core product technological feature for our decentralised cloud offering.
What you will be doing
- Actively contribute in defining our B2B cloud solution, tokenomics and blockchain product across all stakeholders
- Own, develop, and implement a suitable web3 technology backing our B2B cloud solution
- Specify BC architecture to bridge cloud solutions to the web3 world
- Lead the development of our web3 product and enable a strong technical BC understanding within the engineering team
- Build powerful teams across all areas of Blockchain Development by driving hiring, training & mentoring of contributors and leaders in the department.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the department and ensure execution according to the defined vision.
- Partner closely with our Product Leadership to define the technical roadmap of our BC cloud product
- Present our technology at external conferences and events highlighting the advantages of our technology solutions
What you bring
- Leadership experience within reputable organisations, developing blockchain products
- Showcase of successfully built web3 protocols and/or crypto products
- Experience in hiring, developing and managing blockchain team members and also experience in maintaining and leading a settled team
- Deep conceptual understanding of blockchain technologies & their related ecosystemsUnderstanding of software engineering design and delivery concepts
- Ability to present and speak in public to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Hands-on Software Engineering background e.g. cloud or web2.0 development experience
- Ability to write in one of the following: solidity, vyper, Golang, Rust, C++, Haskell
- Wide professional network & top reputation in the blockchain space
- Tech Lead background/experience in web2 software engineering
- Experience in building open-source ecosystems
- Computer Science Degree or similar
1. Please submit your LinkedIn Profile or CV together with the application form
2. After checking your application, we invite candidates fitting our requirements to a first screening, during which we will also tell you about us.
3. We will then initiate further interviews to understand you and your skills better while striving for a fast and lean process.
4. Very soon, you might get an offer call, a written offer letter, and one signature later, you join the team.