Principal Software / Cloud Engineer m/f/d
Impossible Cloud is building a new, distributed, virtual Cloud platform. Our first offering will be Cloud storage, later followed by Cloud compute and networking through our distributed network of nodes provided by various suppliers. Demand for Cloud services is increasing exponentially: here, you become part of the new global system driven by decentralized technologies disrupting the mainstream Cloud space.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs and were extremely successful with previous companies. This provides the company with highly stable financing. We are strategically and financially independent from investors, we’re entering a booming market, and we’re passionate and 100% committed to success.
Join our team of rockstar entrepreneurial-minded engineers driving innovation, especially when established technologies face scaling challenges. In an all-English-speaking environment, we are researching and learning new solutions daily, pushing the boundaries of distributed technologies. Become part of something bigger: Impossible Cloud is aiming to create a European technology counterweight to the current dominance of the tech giants. Finally, we are proudly part of a global movement to improve the efficiency of existing infrastructure and build a smart, diverse, and sustainable business. Come reinvent the internet with Impossible Cloud!
In order to meet our ambition, we have to push distributed systems beyond what people consider possible! Your skills and experience are essential to build a reliable, scalable product.
You will be involved hands-on, solving the most exciting challenges of the cloud space: speed, reliability, and security.
Together with your team of experts you will be researching, building, and operating the software and systems necessary to solve these challenges.
What you will do
- Designing innovative cloud concepts and developing our future cloud strategy
- Building up a first MVP in the area of decentralized cloud solutions
- Supporting cross-functional setup of scalable data structures and distributed storage and computing architecture
What you bring to the table
- BA/BSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- Good knowledge in working with virtual machines and containers like (VMware, HyperV, OpenStack, Docker or Kubernetes).
- Hands-on experience in software engineering and development of cloud-native applications.
- Have developed and operated large-scale infrastructure services
- Have automated infrastructure in public clouds
- Are self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem-solving
- Design experience of (Software-Defined) Networks, Software-Defined Storage or Databases
- Experience in DevOps / Automation / Orchestration / Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Gitlab, Puppet, Ansible oder Terraform).
- Knowledge about data analytic methods and machine learning are beneficial.
- Have developed loosely-coupled distributed systems.
- Understand cloud platforms architecture, especially networking, security, storage, and resilient application topologies.
- Implement Continuous Deployment practices in your work.
- A solid understanding of distributed systems principles and applications
- Experience designing and building distributed and/or p2p software systems and applications.
- Being with the company from the very beginning
- Power to influence the company’s culture and the opportunity to bring your own ideas
- Working together with top talents to become the next big thing in cloud computing and blockchain
- Experience truly fast growth - work with us on the journey to become THE next impactful player in the blockchain industry
- In our office, you find motivating colleagues, healthy brain foods (such as a variety of berries, nuts, yogurt, or avocados), good coffee, and no bad stuff
- Flat hierarchy where all colleagues together work on the same mission
1. Please submit your LinkedIn Profile or CV together with the application form
2. After checking your application, we invite candidates fitting our requirements to a first screening, during which we will also tell you about us.
3. We will then initiate further interviews to understand you and your skills better while striving for a fast and lean process.
4. Very soon, you might get an offer call, a written offer letter, and one signature later, you join the team.