Software Engineer - Backend (Go)
BUILD THE NEXT GENERATION OF THE INTERNET
Impossible Cloud is a B2B cloud platform with a focus on becoming the #1 cloud platform in Europe and beyond. It was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have previously built a billion-euro tech company.
Currently, our offering includes cloud object storage similar to AWS S3, and our market success is already being proven by highly promising growth based on our channel-based GTM strategy. While we build a comprehensive suite of cloud products, we are redefining the cloud sector by bridging the gap between decentralized infrastructure (DePIN) and mainstream B2B cloud use cases.
Become part of something bigger: We’re committed to reinventing the internet and push technological innovation and business determination to the next level.
In order to meet our ambition, we have to push distributed systems beyond what people consider possible!
You will be involved hands-on, building our backend cloud application and helping solving the most exciting challenges of distributed systems and decentralized storage and computing: speed, reliability, and security.
You will be part of an experienced team, researching, designing, building, and scaling the software and systems necessary to solve these challenges.
What you will do
- Contribute to the design, development, and Implementation of a performant and resilient backend cloud application
- Support a cross-functional setup of scalable data structures, distributed storage, and computing architecture
- Contribute to the design and development of large-scale systems serving data with low latency to many countries worldwide with millions of users
- Write high-quality, well-tested code with very frequent and fast deployments to production
- Run, scale, and maintain production software
- Actively contribute to the growth of our visionary and ambitious startup
You could be a great fit for the role if you have
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience building applications using Go
- Experience in designing and developing APIs and high-volume data streaming and processing systems
- Understanding of distributed systems and their technical building blocks: e.g. distributed hash tables, consensus algorithms, and gossip protocols
- Understanding of network protocols and technologies
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for mentoring and educating junior people in the team
- Team player, collaborative attitude
- You understand cloud platforms architecture, especially networking, security, storage, and resilient application topologies
- You have experience designing and building peer-to-peer software systems and applications
- Practical experience “how the internet works”, hole punching, STUN/TURN
- Experience developing, running, and maintaining large-scale infrastructure services
What we offer
- Competitive salary coupled with direct engagement in your success through an enticing ESOP and token participation program.
- Ideal company stage with established initial revenue and a distinctive edge in the web3 industry.
- Collaboration with experienced, passionate, and supportive colleagues, leveraging cutting-edge technology.
- Fantastic office situated in a trendy location with access to complimentary healthy brain food and a subsidized premium gym membership.
- Monthly collaborative meet-up weeks featuring team events.
We are committed to success. We embrace individuals from all backgrounds who share the goal of building a future European cloud champion. We place great importance on in-person collaboration and open communication, and we value working together regularly at our Hamburg headquarters. If you are an innovative thinker with a passion for driving success in decentralised technology and the cloud industry, we invite you to apply.
Join a workplace that values your well-being, fosters a vibrant and collaborative atmosphere, and play a key role in shaping the future of the Cloud.
The recruiting process
We encourage you to kickstart your application by submitting your comprehensive LinkedIn profile or CV along with the designated application form.
Kickoff Call for Selected Candidates
Successful candidates will be invited to participate in a Kickoff call, where we aim to explore your qualifications, experiences, and expectations.
Efficient Interview Process
Our commitment to expediency is reflected in our fast and lean remote and on-site interview process, tailor-made for the specific nuances of each role and its corresponding seniority level.
Welcome to the Impossible Cloud Team
Within a matter of days, you could find yourself becoming an integral part of the Impossible Cloud team! We believe in moving swiftly to welcome exceptional talent into our dynamic workplace.