Software Engineer - Backend m/f/d
Impossible Cloud is building a new, distributed, virtual Cloud platform. Our first offering will be Cloud storage, later followed by Cloud compute and networking through our distributed network of nodes provided by various suppliers. Demand for Cloud services is increasing exponentially: here, you become part of the new global system driven by decentralized technologies disrupting the mainstream Cloud space.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs and were extremely successful with previous companies. This provides the company with highly stable financing. We are strategically and financially independent from investors, we’re entering a booming market, and we’re passionate and 100% committed to success.
Join our team of rockstar entrepreneurial-minded engineers driving innovation, especially when established technologies face scaling challenges. In an all-English-speaking environment, we are researching and learning new solutions daily, pushing the boundaries of distributed technologies. Become part of something bigger: Impossible Cloud is aiming to create a European technology counterweight to the current dominance of the tech giants. Finally, we are proudly part of a global movement to improve the efficiency of existing infrastructure and build a smart, diverse, and sustainable business. Come reinvent the internet with Impossible Cloud!
We build a distributed cloud infrastructure and need you to push the boundaries beyond what is considered possible. Building infrastructure means top-notch quality, but at Qubit-9, this means also moving extremely fast. And yes, you can combine both! If this is something for you, we would love to hear from you!
Your expertise is needed to build not only our microservice architecture but also the agents of our distributed network and the CLI that comes with it.
Together with your team of experts, you will be researching, building, and operating the software and systems necessary to solve these challenges.
What you will do
- Build products from scratch in the area of distributed cloud solutions
- Support a cross-functional setup of scalable data structures, distributed storage, and computing architecture
- Design, build and operate large-scale systems serving data with the latency of tens of milliseconds to many countries worldwide with millions of users
- Write high-quality, well-tested code with very frequent and fast deployments to production
- Play a crucial role in the growth of our highly ambitious startup
What you bring to the table
- You know your way around concurrency, memory management, and efficient network i/o
- Have developed and operated large-scale infrastructure services
- Are self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem-solving
- Strong experience in designing and developing APIs beyond “just JSON”
- You understand cloud platforms architecture, the ability to set up and run your build-to-deployment chain
- You have experience designing and building infrastructure tech
1. Please submit your LinkedIn Profile or CV together with the application form
2. After checking your application, we invite candidates fitting our requirements to a first screening, during which we will also tell you about us.
3. We will then initiate further interviews to understand you and your skills better while striving for a fast and lean process.
4. Very soon, you might get an offer call, a written offer letter, and one signature later, you join the team.