Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 5000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer position will implement large capital projects to support the supply chain and manufacturing operations to drive accelerated growth plans
The role will require managerial and technical leadership with external co-packers, engineering design firms, internal stakeholders and plant operations.
The Engineer will independently collaborate with cross-functional leaders from tech services, operations, and scientists to implement technology and equipment for
formulation changes and develop capital cost structures to meet project objectives.
The right candidate will have the ability and technical leadership to implement projects on time and budget as well as develop and provide timely updates and coordination in a team format. .
- Engineer, design and specify equipment systems to meet needs & specifications of the department customers. Provide structured planning and manage to completion within schedule, budget, and scope for all assigned capital projects.
- Provide professional project management and realistic cost estimates with timelines for implementation.
- Provide direction on sustainability, utility, and environmental opportunities.
- Prepare well written clear studies/reports with accurate capital estimates & savings calculations with sufficient documentation to succinctly describe project scope. Search out options for capital reduction & improvements with high economic return.
- Embrace change and engages others to adopt new processes, solutions, and plans while staying focused on goals and results. Proactively finds and promotes business improvement opportunities such as economic return, quality/process improvement, capacity increase, etc.
- Provide layouts of equipment or block flow diagrams to help the business understand floor space requirements and proper ergonomics for cost-efficient operations.
- Work with outside engineering consultants and design-build firms to ensure work is on track and meets sanitation requirements and capacities.
- Have a scientific curiosity, improve engineering skills & process knowledge while staying current on the new technology & the application of food processing technology.
- Establish clear plan and course of action to accomplish a specific goal. Improve individual & department credibility by maintaining professional integrity and communication.
- Develop and publish appropriate engineering standards that can be used across the company to support safety, sanitation and equipment design and flexibility.
- Provide technical competency through the application of sound science, general industrial practice or engineering-based solutions.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Food Science or Chemical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in the food processing industry.
- Knowledge of process flow diagrams.
- Fundamental knowledge of business and plant operations including lean principles.
- Demonstrated expertise in processing design.
- Good understanding of HACCP and food GMPs.
- A self-motivated mentality with strong oral and written communication skills and good organization skills.
- An ability to continuously challenge assumptions and strive for excellence.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse, dynamic team.
- A willingness to travel 25-30%.
Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with track records of creating new global industries.