Communications Operations Specialist
Redwood City, CA
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 5000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
We are a small, hyper-efficient communications team. We are low ego, low drama, high bandwidth and fast paced. We take an “all hands on deck” approach to comms, so this role could encompass disciplines including event management, administrative duties, media relations, influencer relations, social media, internal comms, executive communications, investor communications and international communications.
This role is heavy on writing -- including on extremely tight deadline. If you love writing under deadline pressure with multiple simultaneous editors in a shared document online, you will love this job. If you need a lot of time to write by yourself, and you are obsessed with perfection, and you are an extremely sensitive edit, you really don’t want this job. Trust us.
- Manage a calendar of events that often changes on deadline.
- Organize and execute events that frame and amplify our news; events should be newsworthy, on-message and relevant to people interested in food, sustainability, science, and entrepreneurship.
- Work closely with Chief Comms Officer, VP of Comms, and Comms Managers as well as cross functionally with our finance, HR, marketing, sales, and R&D teams, to maintain our extensive communications and events calendars.
- Support media relations for all functions of the company, including writing press releases, managing media lists and media events, chaperoning major TV and documentary video crews, staffing interviews and photoshoots, arranging student tours, building contact lists, occasional live social media posting, overseeing press kits, etc.
- Stay flexible! Impossible Foods is a fast-growing startup and our strategy is evolving!!
- This is a dynamic company and we are looking for people who are comfortable working in a startup environment. On the comms team, that means you may end up on multiple sides of a video camera -- shooting video for a video blog, chaperoning the CEO’s CNN video shoot, or pitch-hitting as an on-camera speaker at an off-site event. You need to be comfortable with all these realistic opportunities.
- This person will be an integral part of the comms team and will work closely with our PR agencies in the US and Hong Kong; in many cases, this person will effectively project manage the agency and across multiple departments; often this person will work closely with outside companies’ PR teams -- including those for restaurants and chefs.
- Secondarily, this person will also work closely with finance and international strategy as we get closer to our next fundraising round and help organize and execute a series of sophisticated media and financial events in Asia, New York, and other financial centers.
We really want to emphasize the fast pace here:
- 2-4 years of PR/agency experience, particularly client services.
- Highly organized individual with a keen eye for detail and a love for building efficient processes and systems.
- A passion and proven skill in writing.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Bonus points for international experience and foreign languages.