Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Apprentice
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 5000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
We’re looking for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to support manufacturing in our Oakland Facility. Come work with us to change the course of history.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, gearboxes, pneumatics, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications, troubleshooting malfunctions and frequency driven PM’s using CMMS program.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment problems.
- Develop and maintain schedules for preventive and corrective maintenance repairs on equipment using CMMS program.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Control downtime by informing the production of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
- Fabricate repair parts by using maintenance shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Anticipate needed equipment, parts and supplies to complete work orders in timely manner.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs utilizing CMMS program.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participate in all safety programs i.e. LOTO, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Energized Equipment Safety.
- Degree or Certification from technical or trade school plus one year of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience should be related to the repair of any of the following systems: mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic or electrical.
- Computer literacy.
- Working knowledge of single-phase and 3-phase power and control systems up to 480v.
- Working experience in pipe fitting, water, gas, and air, along with sanitary lines and valving.
- Should be familiar with refrigeration.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with other employees and supervisors. Capability of lifting 50 pounds of product routinely, and climbing ladders to maintenance equipment from a catwalk.
- Understanding of written and/or verbal job information in English.
- Current or prior use of CMMS program a plus.
- Ability to comply with company safety policy at all times with a focus on Safety First.
- Ability to follow company GMP policy.
- Manufacturing plant experience:
- This is an industrial food manufacturing environment with many types of equipment and processes to create our product.
- An understanding that Production operations are up to 365 days per year as production demands.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, continuous operating environment.
- Personal Protective Equipment Requirements.
- Ability to do some lifting, pushing or pulling required, 50 – 75 lbs. (or higher with assistance).