Senior Reporting Analyst
Redwood City, CA /
Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
As the Senior Reporting Analyst you will work with your immediate team, Business Analysts and Project Manager delivering solutions for Tier 1 ERP Application like S4/Hana. As a critical resource of Impossible’s growing IT team, you will help develop Standards, Develop solutions based on the growing business need and Manage development Lifecycle from design to production deployment.
- Collaborate with end users, project stakeholders and support partners to identify needs, goals and work with them to design and build dashboards.
- Design and create data visualizations reports and dashboards as required to support users
- Advise end users on visualization best practices and performance optimization strategies and collaborate to design impactful dashboards and reports.
- Perform administrative and support activities across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance.
- Perform development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports, to testing and release / deployment.
- Orient new users to Tableau features and capabilities.
- Define, execute and interpret complex SQL queries
- Work with stakeholders and provide status on regular basis
- Be able to work independently and effectively on the Data & Reporting platform initiatives
- Be self-motivated to identify solutions to systems during prototyping and customer testing phases
- Build prototypes for demonstration and illustration purposes for peer groups Business partners or senior leaders
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or equivalent work experience
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- More than 10 years of experience creating Tableau dashboard reports, working with developers, creating business intelligence reports and visualizations
- Full report development life cycle experience with proven record of following industry best practices and standards
- Experience leveraging Tableau to deliver dashboards and reporting capabilities at enterprise scale.
- Proficiency in building web data connectors for Tableau and various data sources
- In depth knowledge of automated Data Sources and Data Extract
- Experience in the maintenance and scheduling of Tableau Data Extracts using Tableau Server and the Tableau Command Utility.
- Experience with APIs, Python or similar language for web scraping / automation / embedding dashboards into webpages.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies Snowflake, Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Informatica, etc.
- Well versed with RDBMS and associated tools, data warehousing, developing SQL/T-SQL and stored procedures on large relational databases, industrial systems like MES, ERP etc.
- Working experience integrating Tableau with Wonderware Historian server for data analysis and reporting is a must.A big plus to have worked with Aveva's Intelligence solution for enterprise manufacturing (EMI), data retrieval from Microsoft SQL Server DB, configuring Historian adapter, using intelligence Analytic tools etc.
- Exposure to Performance Tuning on Data Sources and Dashboards
- Must have strong experience in SQL, Python, Tableau, Excel based predictive modeling
- Use of various APIs to fulfill customer's evolving requirements
- Advanced skills in data analysis and data discovery, Integration of Tableau dashboards into various front end tools Implementing data level security
- Automate Tableau reports to capture real-time data into the dashboards using Live connections and scheduled extracts for data sources which refreshes real-time and on a schedule as needed.
- Design the database schema using SqlDBM or similar tools to load data into Snowflake considering SCDs (Slowly Changing Dimensions), determine dimension & Fact tables, define relationships and create data marts that Tableau should ingest.
- In addition to Tableau skills, have experience working with other BI tools like Qlik Sense, QlikView, Power BI, data analysis tools (OLAP, ETL frameworks), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Exposure to Waterfall, Agile/Scrum methodology and iterative practices in a service delivery lifecycle
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes
- Willingness to work in a 24x7 setting and support after-hours activities when necessary
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.