Manager, Customer Order Management
Redwood City, CA /
Supply Chain /
Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
Oversee and manage the order fulfillment process as well as Donations and Sales sampling orders.
- Manage order processing workflow for foodservice customers, including customer order confirmations and order revisions. Enter customer POs into Sage X3 (as needed).
- Drive resolution of customer-related issues with internal/external business partners.
- Manage day-to-day 3PL performance related to order fulfillment accuracy.
- Ensure accurate & timely order processing to meet customer requirements.
- Generate reports and other sales order reports/metrics to drive process improvements and operational excellence.
- Act as point of contact for field sales, sales operations and finance team for order inquiries.
- Manage shelf life and minimum order exception process.
- Identify opportunities and lead implementation of supply chain policies with key customers, including order size minimums, lead time adherence and mitigate customer fines.
- Spearhead initiatives with 3PLs, which could include onboarding of new customers, new product introduction readiness and order fulfillment optimization.
- Assist with deliveries damages and liaise with QA as needed.
- Focal point to work with IT on EDI integration & validation testing for new customers.
- Serve as escalation for external (buyers) and internal customer feedback.
- Work closely with the supply planning team to meet a fill order rate of 99%.
- Customer facing policy creation/implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain or similar field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in customer service/order management.
- Broad understanding of policies, processes and systems relating to Order-To-Cash cycle.
- Experience with various facets within operations including inventory, logistics, warehousing and product management.
- Customer service and analytical skills a must.
- Must be an intermediate to advanced spreadsheet user.
- Direct experience working with sales and customers required.
- Knowledge of key service performance metrics and KPIs.
- Strong proficiency with ERP systems.
- Ability to foster teamwork & collaboration.
- Self-starter/learner that can drive cross-functional projects.
- Commitment to process improvement.
- Ability to be fluid and adaptable to changing priorities and needs.
- Experience and ability to work independently as a member of a virtual team
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.