Senior Product and Commercial Counsel
Redwood City, CA
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 5000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
We are seeking a new Senior Product and Commercial Counsel to join our world-class legal team.
- Provide guidance to the product, business, and R&D teams on legal, regulatory, and compliance issues related to new and existing products and business lines.
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial and intellectual property agreements affecting Impossible Foods' products and business.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound legal and compliance guidance.
- Provide ideas and insights into how Impossible Foods can work within the law to create amazing product experiences for its customers and consumers.
- J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school, admission to practice law in a U.S. state (California preferred), and at least 7 years of combined relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, and/or in-house legal departments.
- Demonstrated expertise advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology or science sector.
- Excellent commercial negotiation and drafting skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills and team-first attitude.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- A sense of adventure!