Redwood City, CA
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 5000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Bring user-centric thinking and excellent aesthetic sensibility to align packaging with brand, retail, and customer needs.
- Develop prototypes to be used for consumer testing, product explorations, and internal presentationsDesign, plan and execute experiments for bench top, pilot plant and manufacturing scale trials; gathering and analyzing data, documenting and reporting results, and make recommendations based on findings.
- Demonstrate the ability to generate concepts that are both fresh and creative, while also having the ability to work inside any manufacturing constraints for taking a concept to the next level.
- Conceive elegant, effective ways to address technical engineering challenges.
- Collaborate on the development of the visual and physical language of our brand through the design of our packaging portfolio, considering product presentation, materiality, tonality, print, and manufacturing.
- Partner with Creative Marketing to ensure harmonious integration of 2D and 3D assets.Optimize current packaging and identify new packaging systems.
- Develop, review and update packaging specifications as appropriate.
- Work with vendors to identify new packaging technologies that may be utilized by Impossible Foods.
- Some travel required.
- An ability to prototype new ideas and concepts quickly and effectively through sketching, 2D and 3D modeling.
- BS/MS degree in Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- 2-5+ years work experience in CPG, food preferred.
- Knowledge of DOE and statistics a plus.
- Knowledge of software including 2D software (such as Illustrator), 3D software (CAD), packaging software (TOPS/CAPE) a plus.