Director of Technical Commercialization
Redwood City, CA
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 5000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Lead and coordinate scale up projects from a technical perspective following pilot plant execution through commissioning and qualification at manufacturing location with dedicated resources from product development, quality and manufacturing engineering and manufacturing
- Have an understanding of food manufacturing process equipment and packaging equipment in addition to best in class product commercialization practices
- Articulate technical milestones and requirements to delivery project on time and on budget.
- Engage with corporate project managers and articulate requirements to complete scale up projects
- Serve as a liaison to key internal functions such as product development and project managements functions to ensure expectations are exceeded and schedules are met.
- Collaborate with leaders of manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance and product development to insure requirements are metWork with the Product Management team and other partners to ensure product initiatives are aligned within the company.
- Provide guidance to packaging commercialization and personnel to ensure internal SOPs are implemented in an effective manner, including best practices for systems engineering or reliability.
- Align and influence leadership to make optimal prioritization and commercialization decisions
- Build internal technical commercialization capabilities and help to shape a culture of creativity and innovative thinking
- Act as single point of contact between technical team and product management when needed for on-going and future innovation projects and experiments including: Scale up new formulation, New production line commissioning, Change of production process, New plant commissioning
- 8-10 year Technical background in Food/Pharmaceutical manufacturing or CPG (strongly preferred)
- A mix of product development and engineering with a proven history of meeting deadlines in a commercialization environment
- Leadership skills and can influence in a technical and/or formal/informal project management setting
- Experience with managing budgets across cross functional teams and delivering successful results
- Experience leading a cross functional team that may not directly report to this position
- An ability to simplify and summarize technical challenges and details to non-technical individuals up to and included C level staff
- Excellent communication, strategic, analytical and organizational skills
- 4 year degree in engineering or food science (advanced degree preferred)