Director of Retail Sales
Redwood City, CA
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 5000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
The Director of Retail Sales will lead building and developing Impossible Foods’ retail sales
channel in alignment with the corporate strategy. The leader will create and manage the retail
sales team, which includes overseeing distribution networks, selling new accounts, customer
relationships, trade promotions, and overall sales goals along with collaborating closely on
shopper marketing programs. The role will report to the SVP of Retail.
- Execute the retail sales strategy to sell into target accounts (spanning grocery, mass, club, e-commerce).
- Define and implement new account launch plans, including trade promotion plans, to drive trial and meet both retailer and company expectations.
- Manage sales pipeline, sales forecasts, trade spending and working closely with distributors and retailers.
- Collaborate with the SVP of Retail to execute the sales strategy which includes defining clear objectives and challenging goals to gain market share.
- Manage the annual sales targets into quarterly and monthly sales goals, and establish a plan for achieving them.
- Act as relationship manager with key distributors, customers and business partners.
- Present products, conduct category reviews, and use other related information with clients to gain sales and establish accounts. This will include table top presentations, trade events, coordinating in-store demos, and other field related activities.
- Coordinate activities with the MarComms team to increase awareness and sell-through with target demographics.
- Work with MarComms on shopper marketing, digital/social media and influencer campaigns.
- Coordinating projects with internal and external resources (product development, production planning, logistics, finance, trade, sales operations, MarComms, etc.).
- Manage tools and materials the sales organization needs to achieve business objectives, including Salesforce CRM platform and trade spend software solution.
- Ultimately develop and grow a sales team including recruiting, training, and motivating a small team.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university.
- 15+ years of CPG/food retail sales and management experience with proven success in attaining ambitious sales goals. Preference for experience in selling refrigerated grocery items.
- A genuine interest and passion for Impossible Food's mission.
- Recent experience growing a brand and pioneering retail sales.
- A mix of large and small manufacturer in your background.
- An ability to collaborate with all types of functions (R&D, MarComms, Finance, Strategy, etc.)
- Proven success working independently and navigating in an ever changing and often chaotic (and exciting) high growth environment.
- A positive attitude and drive to excel.