Plant Process Engineer -Manufacturing
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 5000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Support operations by leading and directing technical activities necessary to solve problems encountered from receiving through shipping. Ensure the team takes the necessary steps through effective communication and proper documentation to avoid similar problems in the future.
- Develop & maintain process guidelines (SOP/SOC) and training programs for the integration of new products and systems.
- Continually strive to reduce process variation (improve process capability) to ensure consistent product quality and adherence to manufacturing standards.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives through materials, product, and process improvements; assist the project teams to hold brainstorming sessions and develop action plans for the Profit Improvement Process (PIP), including activities to reduce utilities consumption, cycle times, scrap, downtime, material usage variance, and direct labor.
- Act as a technical resource in Continuous Improvement Tools to plant and PIP project leaders: Lean Manufacturing/Toyota Production Systems, Six-Sigma, 5S/6S, Total Productive Maintenance, Kaizen Events, Value Stream Maps, DOEs, FMEAs, Advanced Problem-Solving, SMED, etc., and assist in their implementation in an efficient manner for individual projects.
- Participate in the updating of manufacturing standards as a result of performance improvements.
- Develop work cell layouts in an effort to optimize material flow and support 5S and visual management initiatives.
- Initiate new equipment and technologies to maintain the company’s competitive advantage; including detailed scope definitions with the plant (capabilities, throughput, and equipment controls including function block diagrams, process parameters, and data acquisition requirements), RFQ documents, and execution timeline plans (including facility preparation, installation, H&S, training, production ramp-up, etc.).
- Utilize continuous improvement tools and lean tools to achieve KPI targets. Other targets as assigned.
- B.S. degree (or equivalent) in Electrical, Mechanical, or Material Science Engineering, plus 4-7years of experience of manufacturing work experience. Strong preference for increasing experience.
- High volume, continuous manufacturing environment.
- Process Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering / CI skills and expertise.
- A results oriented problem solver with an analytical approach.
- Excellent verbal & written communication.
- A hands-on individual with good people skills.
- Six sigma green/black belt and knowledge of DOE preferred.
- Knowledge of mistake-proofing and PLC programming is desirable.
- Can manage multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.